Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG: Loading rockets then it automaticly switch weapon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: Loading rockets then it automaticly switch weapon...

Some people from UT2004 might think that I'm talking about the weapon-pickup issue but no it's a diffrent thing in UT3. That one is gone but there is a new one even worse because it happens more often.

It seems to be very random. I'm not sure if it's just because of a poorly programmed netcode or low frame per seconds (20-30) but it's for sure not because of the ping since I had around 54 when it kept happening often on a server running Deck.

I think it only happens when you only have 2 rockets left and you charge until you get 3 "you don't know that there's only 2 left" but after the 2 rockets loaded, the weapon automaticly switch for another one "for me it would autoswitch to most of the time to Link Gun" WITHOUT firing the 2 rockets you just loaded.

I also remember having this issue a few times on Bio but it's really mostly on the Rocket that it happens. Oh and before any "smart" dude ask me... YES, the "Autoswitch Weapon" box is disabled in the options.

This happens to me too, and I have autoswitch off. The first time I noticed it, I thought that for once, lag saved me because I was aiming at a wall.

Comment

Yes this happens to me more often than i'd like, especially since i have my weapons hidden and i usually don't notice the change until i end up firing a weapon i hadn't switched to.

Comment

and its not just the rocket launcher it happend to me with the biorifle too

Comment

It's annoying, without a doubt.

Comment

The beta change log says:
            "Fixed being able to switch away from the rocket launcher in the delay
            between the third rocket being loaded and the weapon autofiring."

Not sure if that means switching on purpose or this issue.

Comment

happened to me

Comment

Originally posted by Telzen View Post
                The beta change log says:
                "Fixed being able to switch away from the rocket launcher in the delay between the third rocket being loaded and the weapon autofiring."

Not sure if that means switching on purpose or this issue.
                Looks like no since I have the first beta patch and it didn't fix this issue. They better have it fixed by the time they release the 1.1 final. When the bug happens, the rockets aren't auto-firing, it autoswitch weapon and you actualy LOSE "doesn't fire" those 2 rockets or that full bio load.

Comment

Working...
                X