Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone actually like the way the new Link Gun links up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone actually like the way the new Link Gun links up?

It's sort of a nuisance to be standing right next to a teammate. A physical link chain was so much cooler.

NO ONE likes it. There was many thread and polls on the beta section of this forum but Epic doesn't care about the community so even if you gatter 4000 user here they won't change it (-_-)

Comment

No I do not like the new way. The sequential nature of it in 2004 was very useful.

There are two advantages to the new way is that to receive the link benefit.
      1. You only have to be next to another person holding a link gun. That way both can fire primary or alt fire whenever they want.
      2. You don't have to consume ammo to give a link benefit.

There are disadvantages.
      1. Cannot link around corners.
      2. Makes you vulnerable to splash weapons and spam while linking.

I wish the link stretched a little farther. I feel like I can't get any kills with my green shaft anymore.

Comment

A lot of times it's hard to tell if you've successfully linked up. There's not much of a visual indicator that you have.

Comment

Make a poll it would be better.

And no its ridiculous.

Comment

when i can't even really tell how the link up works.... i know this link up system SUCK
            +1 on bclagge...
            I wish the link stretched a little farther. I feel like I can't get any kills with my green shaft anymore.

Comment

Sometimes it feels as though the people who designed and developed UT3 never spent much time playing UT2004, they seem to have inexplicably removed loads of cool features: 1st person view option for vehicles, linking issue above, clear contrast visually between players and background, dodge jump, non generic looking character models.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                Sometimes it feels as though the people who designed and developed UT3 never spent much time playing UT2004, they seem to have inexplicably removed loads of cool features: 1st person view option for vehicles, linking issue above, clear contrast visually between players and background, dodge jump, non generic looking character models.
                All i can say to this is:

Console support.

Comment

I don't think the team that made ut2004, ut99, ut2003 was the same that made UT3. It's the same company though

Comment

isnt it a different game, but with some old and some new in between?

change the name to back to "pulse gun", "link" does not make any sense at all now
                    Link? To what? Why? Wheres the 'Link' between you and the other guy?
                    No, wrong, youre just healing that thing not linking with it.. maybe heal/kill gun would be more appropriate

Comment

the link bites now for link up - but then ut3 bites. i dont give a **** as i wont be playing it much apart from the odd game of dm and sometimes cheking out the game after a patch to see if they could salvage anything..

Comment

Yeah i bought a game which i will only play once.

Comment

****, the vote seems pretty decisive.

Comment

I like just being close so I can look around and see my surroundings, personally. I've been blindsided enough times in UT2k4.

Comment

If they just increased the length for the standing link, it would be much better. That way you can both stand a reasonable distance from each other and both be able to shoot with increased output.

Comment

Working...
                              X