Warfare Map Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I don't think the bots care, and I don't think you can tell them what to do either except for the very vague and general (and apparently not orb specific) "attack", "defend" and "whatever".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would think the orders would influence the bots too. So if I had set my objective to 'Orb Runner', none of the bots would try getting the orb. Didn't try it out yet, since I was as confused on this screen as you were.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Special Ops setting is fairly useful because it reminds you which pickups (orb, deemer, shaped charge, energy shield, spidermine trap...) are available. That at least is marginally useful information compared to "attack the node" (duh!)

I am not sure how the automatic spawn point selection works... Does that have anything to do with your chosen preference?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, okay. So it only affects the arrows (directional path to follow)? That seems rather pointless. (Okay, in fairness to Epic, I guess on a brand new, never-played-before map, it might be useful, but still...)

Thanks, guys! As simple as that is, I'm not sure I would have ever made the connection.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm glad someone asked 'cause I was a little confused on this screen as well and just skipped right on by it and kept on playing. It all makes sense now, though ..... I guess. I think the confusion stems from it being poorly named. I wouldn't naturally think of giving myself orders in a game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not for bots, it's for the player - I think it influences where the assisting white arrows would point to (e.g., they'd direct you to the orb when you're an orb runner). Perhaps it also changes/filters the announcement messages so you'll hear more about the things you want to do and less about other roles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it basically sets what your objectives are... so it will go "get the orb" and send arrows to the orb if your orb runner, assualt it says "get the primary control node" and sets arrows etc... its basically setting yourself orders... and yes it is dumb

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Warfare Map Screen

Warfare Map Screen

(I've been a UT fan since its inception, so I can't believe I have to post a message about this since I've never had problems figuring other stuff out, but I'm tired of living in ignorance.)

In the Warfare map screen (click here for screenshot), in regard to the "campaign" or instant play, i.e., with respect to the bots, how does one properly utilize the Orders column?

To be honest, I just can't figure out what that column is for. You can't select individual bots, so it is either broadcast to all bots or none at all, i.e., you are giving yourself an order (kinda dumb, I know). "Orb Runner" isn't really an order; it's a status. And you can't select enemy nodes, so the "Attack" order makes no sense: you wouldn't attack your own node!

Would someone please enlighten me about this?
Working...
X