It's nearly 2008...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I love the gore effects, I think they feel very rewarding and that they fit a game like UT3 perfectly.
    I wouldn't want realistic gore in UT, that would probably just make me want to throw up :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ever seen something actually get dismembered? They don't bleed like in Kill Bill.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    You suggest making all character models have real tissue and organs and stuff to manipulate? Sounds like a hard task and little reward.
    I'm no graphics designer, I'm just suggesting they could probably find something that looks better than what they've got.

Originally posted by Reise View Post
    Hm, looks pretty "clean" for a spot where a body was dismembered, I'm not particularly impressed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Say what now? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nShot00008.jpg

I'm still amazed at how Epic pulled off the complex ragdolls without killing servers. Even having the ability to feign death with accurately placed ragdolls is crazy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You suggest making all character models have real tissue and organs and stuff to manipulate? Sounds like a hard task and little reward.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic It's nearly 2008...

It's nearly 2008...

And we're still supposed to think that that old "gibbing" effect is supposed to look good? It was ok in Quake, but haven't we come quite a ways since then? I don't get how things like reflections, motion blur and parallax-mapping etc. have come leaps and bounds, but the best "bodily destruction" effect anyone can think of is having the body suddenly disappear and be replaced by a handful of large rigid bouncing chunks.

Am I crazy to expect a little bit more than a prettier version of a decade-old concept from a "next generation" game, one whose amazing graphics are constantly touted?
Working...
X