Assult=(?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assult=(?

Is there any reason why there isn't any Assult anymore on Unreal Tournament Games=(? I miss assult, only played that before on Unreal Tournament

Any1 else misses assult?

i miss assault too. it would be nice to play trails or assault racing on ut3. maybe in future.

Comment

Well if mappers make Assault-like levels for Warfare, then you've got Assault back.. a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kariza View Post
        Is there any reason why there isn't any Assult anymore on Unreal Tournament Games=(? I miss assult, only played that before on Unreal Tournament

Any1 else misses assult?
        No, but i miss Assault.

I hope someone brings out some tutorials on how to kismet a level into an assault level, as i want to make some kind of race or trial map. A giant marble run with scavengers would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Simeon View Post
          Well if mappers make Assault-like levels for Warfare, then you've got Assault back.. a bit.
          You could even make it with no nodes, and cores that are impossible to get to. Then make it so you need to use alternative means to destroy the core, and those means could be anything, just like objectives in assault.

Personally though, no, I don't really miss assault. It seemed like each map was only fun once, like a linear single-player game, and then it was just a hassle.

Comment

The more I see people talking about trials, the less I miss assault........

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
              it's ok, not everyone could do them either

Comment

no assault

Comment

Originally posted by Felin View Post
                  it's ok, not everyone could do them either

They were anoying, cause every fourth server in UT2k4 had a trial map playing and every second server was a race only server with a buttload of race maps, most that were hellbender races.

Comment

Gief assault

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
                      quoted for the truth.
                      Assault was and still is a good game type,but the trial maps killed it.
                      imo i reckon thats what killed the online play.
                      Everytime i booted up ut2004 and thought hmm i fancy playing a bit of assault,all there was on most if not all servers was them poxy trial maps.

Comment

I thought Warefare would be different, but with some creativiety maybe it can make assault, but Assault you played offense then defense. It will be an interesting challenge to make something workable thats like Assault.

Comment

for ****s sake...
                          WF maps converted into AS is not an alternative so please stop using that as an argument, make it it's own individual mode.

Comment

Originally posted by aquil View Post
                            i miss assault too. it would be nice to play trails or assault racing on ut3. maybe in future.
                            It would be nice to see Assault in it's true form only, and not being hijacked by a big pile of [insert phrase here].

Comment

EPIC just make AS for UT3 like you may vCTF for UT2004, no maps, just the mode to give us something to work with.

Comment

Working...
                              X