Shooting through people in instagib?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting through people in instagib?

Has anyone more than me here expierenced that you are shooting through players and not having any packet loss?

It is happening fairly often to me and a few friends that I spoken to about it. Highly annoying and just wanted to ask if anyone else had this problem?

A lot of people said the same thing whenever ut2004 came out. Different hitboxes, you will adapt.

Comment

Ok, I never had that problem when UT2k3 came and I switched from UT. I guess the hitbox has a hole right in the middle then because thats how clearly the shots go through sometimes.

Comment

I think its a bug in the collision detection.

Sometimes other weps go through.

Comment

what's actually happening is the folowing:

You're NOT shooting through people, but in ut3 once you see a small part of the beam you can see all of it and the beam will move with your screen while you move.

Try shooting next to a wall then move right and you will see the beam through the wall, which is the same if you barely miss someone and then move right (if you missed him on the left side and visa versa).

Hope this explaination was understandable enough

Comment

Its not i miss i know what he means it clearly hits the enemy but doesn't do any damage.

Comment

*cough*zp*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by ShocKWav3 View Post
                *cough*zp*cough*

I survived UT2k3/4 without ZP it shouldnt be needed here.

Insidiae: I understand your explanation, that is probably true in some of the cases I expierenced, but in many cases they go right through them and it can also happen sometimes when I am not actually moving. For example defending and someone comes around a corner I mean that is not a hard shot for a seasoned instagib(I am bold enough to call me seasoned with expierence from UT, UT2k3/4) player and it still clearly goes straight through them.

I never seen anything like it before.

Comment

it's probably latency related, but even in offline mode, i notice some annoying hitbox behavior. makes me miss games like bioshock, which seemed to use the model itself, not a hitbox at all. i'd often whiz a shot past a target's ear, it seemed exceptionally precise, but i'm guessing that's problematic for keeping online data as low bandwidth as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vzur View Post
                    it's probably latency related, but even in offline mode, i notice some annoying hitbox behavior. makes me miss games like bioshock, which seemed to use the model itself, not a hitbox at all. i'd often whiz a shot past a target's ear, it seemed exceptionally precise, but i'm guessing that's problematic for keeping online data as low bandwidth as possible.
                    Well my thought was that it was related to tickrate somehow. Doesnt really matter which server I am on. My ping looks fine and I have no PL but still this behavior surfaces.

I am getting more and more of community friends reporting same thing. It has to be something.

Comment

It happens with all projectiles too.(Randomly mind you) Even on LAN/INSTANT ACTION. No damage or just no shot at all.

Comment

Same here! It' s very annoying

Comment

Working...
                        X