Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we go 3rd person like in unreal champ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I think third person was a huge disadvantage in ut2k4. So i do it on lan parties to add insult to injury.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
    UT3 is a First Person Shooter!

UC isnt a unreal series game anyway, M I RIGHT!?
    If you mean UC2, it ties into the unreal tournament storyline as officially stated that UT3 takes place before UC2, before Brock was killed by Gorge in an attempt to avenge Malcolm's loss to Gorge, making Lauren going insane and killing herself, thus, both undergoing the Necris Process in which is the reason why both Brock and Lauren are Necris in UC2, and why Malcolm is no longer the champion.

In other words, it is debatable whether UC2 is part of the Unreal Series.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cuddles View Post

If UT3 is a first person shooter then how come the perspective is thirdperson when in vehicles? Third person view was part of UT2004... It was cool to check out your character once in a while.
    Sure UC2(the only UC game I've played) is an unreal game, I mean the title it self says Unreal... there are Enforcers, Udamage, Skaarj and a playable Malcolm.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kaluro View Post
    If anyone has access to an ingame feature without exploiting, how could it be considered cheating?
    By that logic, the same applies for the cheat codes "allammo" and "loaded."

If everyone can do it, it's not cheating, right? It's an equal playing field.

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
    I can check if theres an enemy around the corner by shooting a shock combo as well.. if it doesnt state "you killed X" then i know nobody was there.
    Hah. Hah.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1) It's not really an ingame feature because there's no default way to bind a key to it - it's a developer hack, used when the game was being made.

2) Allowing you to see around a corner is quite a bit different from just shooting around it. Also, that really only works if your opponent is like two feet from the corner, otherwise you have no idea and instead just gave out your position.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    It works in singleplayer, but not on most servers. It can give you an unfair advantage by being able to see behind you and around corners, so it's considered cheating, whether you think it is or not.
    If anyone has access to an ingame feature without exploiting, how could it be considered cheating?

I can check if theres an enemy around the corner by shooting a shock combo as well.. if it doesnt state "you killed X" then i know nobody was there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It works in singleplayer, but not on most servers. It can give you an unfair advantage by being able to see behind you and around corners, so it's considered cheating, whether you think it is or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Behindview works. I have it bound to my Z key actually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    does behindview1 work when typed in the console?? if so just bind that to a key

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sporespore View Post
    is there a button or a sort of style were u can go 3rd person??
    Thankfully, I don't think so

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Can we go 3rd person like in unreal champ?

Can we go 3rd person like in unreal champ?

is there a button or a sort of style were u can go 3rd person??
Working...
X