Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing

OK well love the game but Im getting crashes that occur randomly during long matches of play. The game runs smoothly for a while, up to 2 hours, but then it crashes and i hear a loud repeating bleep in the headphones while the screen freezes and the kb becomes unresponsove. I have to reboot the system entirely.

Any idea whats up? Is the OC processor on stock cooling fan maybe causing the crash? I also recently tweaked my ini's, maybe i made a change that could cause this crash? It really sucks.!

i have the same problem

Comment

I have had the same problem with crashing since I bought the game last sunday tried everything with no luck, until I tried the nvidia beta drivers last night release 169.09 after i put these in I have had no trouble at all, I have tried all the differant modes both online and off and all seams ok at last i am using a nvidia 7600 gs card running at 1024*768 on win xp

Comment

Ok isnt it quiet obvious u have to downclock ur cpu first, and have everything in the original state before u come and complain here..

Comment

Im randomly having the same problem. I was thinking heatproblem in your case sureal, but dont think so anyway. I get a freeze of screen and keyboard and later a strange sound like a data or modem sound. Have to reset the whole pc to get out of it. Im thinking loss of connection or something...

Comment

Reset your CPU-values to factory default. And then try again. It might very well be the cause for your freezes or crashes. If it still crashes, you can rule out your oc´ing to be the cause.

Comment

ok well I reverted to stock cpu speed and i am still having this issue of the game crashing at random times. I updated my video card drivers as well, and I'm not having this problem with any other game. I don't understand why this is happening, it might happen 5 mins into a game or it might happen 5 hours into the game or it may not happen at all. If anyone else has problems with the game crashing and can offer any more insight I would appreciate it. I made a few tweaks in the ini and Im wondering also if this could be the reason, and if anyone has a list or link to the default engine config that I could use id appreciate it. This really sucks!

Comment

BTW im using world detail 1, so its not like i am really pushing my system to the limit. I have to think the problem is with the game itself, not my pc.

Comment

Overheating almost certainly.

Comment

Go check your log, maybe you'll see the problem there. I was having crashing problem before, but i checked the log, and it showed that i needed more ram. So i upgraded it to 2 gig, and problem solve.

Also just delete your " ini " file in your config folder, and start the game again. Those file will be recreated to default.

Comment

not sure if this will help you, but here it goes anyways.

i was having the same issue before, constant crashes every other map, i unchecked "OpenAL" at the top of the sound settings page, and that was the end of my crashes.

Comment

Working...
                      X