GPU Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPU Control

So i just started playing around nTune, and I was wondering; what should i enable/change to optimize quality? also, when I try to overclock my card at all (8700m gt), i can move the sliders, but when i hit apply it all goes back to regular clock. and I cant even try to change fan speed either. help???

I could help you out if you start using rivatuner, I'm no big fan of nTune ( obviously ) so sorry I can't give you any support on that, maybe others can though.

Also if you dont play crysis go the easy way: AtiTool ( atitool ruins crysis fps for some reason), Atitool doesnt have a fan control option though.

Comment

just downloaded rivatuner, ill see if thats any better
      also, how high should i overclock to ensure that its not too intense

Comment

I would recommend going to an overclocking site for a more detailed description of it. However, in a nut shell, you increase your core clock speed 10 mhz or so at a time. Then test the settings by playing for a bit. If your computer crashes, go back 5 or 10 and test again. If you can get it to play without crashing, you're set.

Then reset the core clock to normal. Repeat everything for the memory, except now you are looking for artifacts (weird looking errors in rendering). You can use ATI Tool even though you have an nvidia card. It automatically checks for artifacts.

It's up to you if you want to overclock. I'm told that you can damage your equipment, although I haven't.

Comment

It's really hard to damage your stuff if you're careful and only go upwards slowly, yes if you jump from 500 core to 700 core and try it you might get issues, though in general the chip shuts down if over heated or got faulty clocking, rebooting the machine and returning to defaults on boot.

Comment

Working...
          X