My desktop PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My desktop PC

I don't know if it's still too eairly to know but will my system play Unreal Tournament 3?

Desktop Specs:

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard with AMD XP 2500+ 1.8Ghz with 768mb PC3200 ram, with 40 gig hard drive with Sapphire ATI Radeon 9250 AGP 128mb DDR video card with Win XP Home.

It may run it. Epic did a superb job of making the new game run on not-so-top-of-the-line rigs. Not sure about your processor. Can you overclock with out a big boom? At any rate, it may just run it, but I don't think you'll be real happy with it.

Comment

Well what's the biggest problem do you see that will make the game not run smooth? Is it the video card or what?

Comment

could pick up a cheap card @ store wich probaly better also

Comment

Originally posted by zer0kewl View Post
          could pick up a cheap card @ store wich probaly better also
          Or check out Ebay. I got my 7800 GT for a stupidly low price there and I get pretty solid fps in UT 3 with it.

Comment

Your processer is weak, your Ram`s a little low (1 gig at least) and your graphic`s card is a little weak too. It`ll run, but you`re going to have to bring a lot of your settings down for smooth play.

Comment

Ok but what's the most first thing I need to upgrade that will help the most?

Comment

Your processor is far below the minimum requirements. That'll likely be your biggest problem.

Try downloading the "beta demo" and seeing how it runs...

Comment

Well it seems like I can't find any processors that sell for my motherboard anymore but I can upgrade my ram or video card. Which should I upgrade the most for now?

Comment

I think the two larger issues with your spec's are going to be the ammount of RAM you have as well as the fact you are using an AGP graphics card.

But I think if you added some system RAM (get yourself above 1 GB if possible) and if you upgrade you video card, that would put you in a better position to run this game at higher settings and resolutions.

EDIT:
                    RAM should be the priority here I believe, you can always attempt to OverClock your CPU and Video Card. But take care doing that. You don't wanna fry anything.

Comment

Originally posted by PrideBoy View Post
                      Well it seems like I can't find any processors that sell for my motherboard anymore but I can upgrade my ram or video card. Which should I upgrade the most for now?
                      What you need is a new system...

Pretty much your whole system is below the minimum requirements. If you upgrade any specific aspect of it, you're still probably not going to have much luck running the game. People in this thread may convince you to buy a small chunk of SOMETHING for your system that will ultimately be a bad idea because when you realize you ARE going to need a new system...that little chunk of whatever just cost you money and won't be compatible with anything else in the new system you may decide to build.

It's time to save up and buy a new computer. Times have changed.

And if you REALLY want to find out, just download the demo. Don't shell out for a game you can't run. http://files.filefront.com/Unreal+To.../fileinfo.html

Comment

You don't want to spend too much on an AGP graphics card unless you plan on keeping your current setup for a long time. When you decide to buy a new system there is a minute chance (most probably NO chance at all) that it will support AGP. The new Mother boards only support PCI X cards.

Comment

Well I don't have even close to enough to buy a new PC. So for now I just want to upgrade what I can. But My system can go up to 3Gig. But for now I can get 1 gig since right now I have 768mb.

Comment

Is upgrading the ram going to help the most with the system?

Comment

Originally posted by PrideBoy View Post
                              Is upgrading the ram going to help the most with the system?
                              No. Upgrading the ram will not increase "performance." It'll just ensure there is enough space to put the textures and game data you need into memory. If you don't have enough ram you can end up with some hitches caused by the HDD trying to load something that is needed.

You may need more ram, but that's beside the point. As i've stated twice already, your system is below the minimum requirements. Your CPU is ancient by many standards. DOWNLOAD THE DEMO. SEE HOW IT RUNS.

In your shoes, with no money to buy a new system, I'd go buy UT2k4 and play that instead.

You REALLY need to upgrade your CPU. To do that, you need a new motherboard. Your AGP vid card won't work in a new motherboard so you need a new video card. Your old ram also won't work in a new motherboard so you need a new kind of ram... You have a tiny hard drive so you'll want to upgrade that as well. This game requires 12gb anyway. That's over 1/4 of your HDD. In short: You need a new system or you need to play a different game.

Stop asking about upgrading components. There is nothing in your system that you could singly upgrade that would make any noticeable change in your experience. If you upgrade the CPU alone, your vid card and ram are insufficient. If you upgrade the vid card, the CPU and RAM are insufficient. If you upgrade the ram, the vid card and CPU are insufficient. This is the bottom line...and yes, i know it sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X