X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This list makes me wanna cry :<

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

usually the first 2 weeks after a game is released are the craziest ones when u look at activity.... and after a while ppl slowly people quit.... . but watchin those stats, and checkin my serverbrowser, this is SO dissapointing :<... Me personally thinks the whole "ppl will buy new compuers" albabala is bs. People who wanted a new computer for UT3 bought one by now, the few which r still waiting to buy one arent gonna change that UT3 is online a "failure" till now compared to the start of UT1/UT2003 or games released right now like CoD4. Look at CoD4, like allmost the same specs as UT3, but the community is ATLEAST 10x bigger!!! :<

Ive been only playin unreal tournament 2003/2004 for 5 years, since its the only game i like. and hoped to get a decent sized community again, doesnt seem to happen... :< .. makes me wanna cry :>

Right now in ut2k4 there r 4359 players while in ut3 there r 352 players :'(

Comment

That is sad.

Comment

It's got more people than quake4 not by much though lol.
        *goes to play some q4 freeze tag...shrug

Comment

The real number for 2k4 is a lot lower. Usually a couple of hundered more than UT3. 2K4 includes all the bots sitting on empty servers as players and gamespy counts them. Check serverspy or game-monitor for a more realistic count.

Comment

Originally posted by Xan View Post
            The real number for 2k4 is a lot lower. Usually a couple of hundered more than UT3. 2K4 includes all the bots sitting on empty servers as players and gamespy counts them. Check serverspy or game-monitor for a more realistic count.
            Doesn't it count the UT3 bots sitting in empty servers? If it does, then there's not really much difference.

Comment

I don't find spybot accurate at all, like "Census" at wow.

Comment

There's only 600ish servers running to 2k4's 1600+ also, but most server admins know why that is.

Comment

not rly sure why its so low, even if the game was awful i'd expect loads to come right at the start then quickly leave.

Comment

Well, I bought a new PC for this game..But in time there will be plenty of servers. Also its the fauld of epic by not releasing servertools for Linux. Alot of dedicated servers are Linux...I think that is the main reason....

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
                      not rly sure why its so low, even if the game was awful i'd expect loads to come right at the start then quickly leave.
                      That has already happened. I think a lot of people are just playing other games waiting for Epics first official patch to be released.

Comment

nahh, for all we know these stats could have been taken at 2:00 in the morning, besides that, the game is new, look at the top listers..there seasoned games..UT3 will get up there as time moves along, just happy to see almost every version of UT on the list period haha

halflife too! I love UT3 more than anything, but dont get me wrong, i love me some half life and half life 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
                          Doesn't it count the UT3 bots sitting in empty servers? If it does, then there's not really much difference.
                          No it dosen't.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
                            Right now in ut2k4 there r 4359 players while in ut3 there r 352 players :'(
                            Couldn't be anymore wrong. UT2004 counts bots as players.. There are tons of server filled with maybe 2 or 3 actual people and the rest of the 20 something slots filled with bots.

Comment

Working...
                            X