Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crt Vs Lcd

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    i'm using samsung syncmaster 226bw 2 ms 1680x1050 60 hz.
    2 ms ftw ;>
    vivid post procesing so it looks sirieusly imba
    60 hz or 100 hz on a lcd tft it does't really matter only the respons time

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by zer0kewl View Post
      i'm using samsung syncmaster 226bw 2 ms 1680x1050 60 hz.
      2 ms ftw ;>
      vivid post procesing so it looks sirieusly imba
      60 hz or 100 hz on a lcd tft it does't really matter only the respons time
      I know the refresh is different than on a CRT but is it better to leave Vsync on since all frame rates higher than the refresh are only partial frames?

      Comment


        #63
        LCDs also weigh less, produce less heat and use less power than CRTs. All monitors are supposed to be shielded, but it is possible for CRTs to emit x-ray radiation. CRTs can cause headaches and eye strain especially at low refresh rates.

        What more can you say?

        Comment


          #64
          I use a Samsung 19" CRT. Play UT3 at 1280x1024 @ 100hz. Dot pitch is 0,22. It is simply amazing after all these years, and i wont switch to an LCD untill this CRT burns or something like that. Space is not a problem, my desk is huge, i even use dual CRT's

          When this baby gets broken, ill probably search for a good deal on a SONY 21" CRT or something like that

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Sys-X View Post
            I still prefer the big old clunky crt's, unequaled when it comes to color ratio and response times. Sure hope oled or sed display's gonna hit the market soon for us pc gamers :P
            Beter look out for OLED then. Every pixel is it's own electroncannon. So you have the benifit of CRT (no ghosting, black is really black & true colours) And the benfits of LCD easy on the eye's(since there is only one canon per pixel the rate of fireing is much higher), flat.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Sys-X View Post
              I still prefer the big old clunky crt's, unequaled when it comes to color ratio and response times. Sure hope oled or sed display's gonna hit the market soon for us pc gamers :P
              OLED and SED still suck, they've got native resolutions too.

              (Yes, I know CRT's have 'native resolutions' too, but they don't get blurry as sh*t when using a different resolution.)

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Psychoray View Post
                (Yes, I know CRT's have 'native resolutions' too, but they don't get blurry as sh*t when using a different resolution.)
                Of course not - their pixels are 'blurry as *****' all the time, take a close look with a magnifying glass...

                np: Boxcutter - Rikta (Oneiric)

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Fixxer.Linux.T32 View Post
                  Why is it too much luminous ? Because LCD manufacturers want to sell LCD that have the biggest "contrast ratio" possible (3000:1 for Samsung for example).
                  Actually that is incorrect. The largest contrast ratio is my LGs 5000:1 and I actually called and spoke to their technical support and was told that this is the TRUE contrast ratio and that LG has a patented technique for achieving this giving it a big leg up on everyone else in the industry atm. They are really hard to find because they have the same part no. as the older 3000:1 so you have to look on the box or if ordering online make sure they send you the latest model. All the 20" and 22" models began to get the new technology in them after August 30th of this year. I got really lucky and got mine in later September.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Psychoray View Post
                    (Yes, I know CRT's have 'native resolutions' too, but they don't get blurry as sh*t when using a different resolution.)
                    CRTs do not have native resolutions. Native resolution implies that it has an unchanging number of pixels. They don't look blurry because the size of the pixels are changed when the resolution is changed.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                      CRTs do not have native resolutions. Native resolution implies that it has an unchanging number of pixels. They don't look blurry because the size of the pixels are changed when the resolution is changed.
                      Look at the backside of a CRT, usually it says something like: native/recommended resolution+refresh rate. Mine says 1600x1200 but I run at 1280*1024.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by Psychoray View Post
                        Look at the backside of a CRT, usually it says something like: native/recommended resolution+refresh rate. Mine says 1600x1200 but I run at 1280*1024.
                        Yeah, it's limited by it's dot pitch - any smaller than that and you won't have neighbouring red, blue and green phosphors for your pixel.

                        What saves a CRT here is that the electron beam is capable of only partially lighting a phosphor dot at the border of your pixel, otherwise you'd have the same aliasing problem as with a LCD. But, on the other hand, you'll never get an LCD's sharpness with a CRT because the pixels are actually made up of small blurred dots and not exact rectangles - try holding a magnifying glass to your CRT one of those times...

                        np: Cobblestone Jazz - 23 Seconds (23 Seconds)

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Hello

                          I am a crt person that took the plung to lcd i have to say you get use to it and i think certain textures look better on the lcd yet still agree on the color of crt being better. I don't miss radiation from the crt, lcd's don't emit radiation. Over all i say i am happy with my lcd , also size and weight are awesome(i don't have to work out and feel like ant now). Take the plung and look at it as something new that will grow on you.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by xeonshock View Post
                            I know the refresh is different than on a CRT but is it better to leave Vsync on since all frame rates higher than the refresh are only partial frames?
                            Yes you can have tearing when you have more FPS then Hz. The top of the screen displaying a different frame then the bottom of the screen. vsync solves that. But that happens on LCDs and CRTs

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by hocuspocus
                              why is there still posting in this thread the op's question was answered on the first page, he was worried about his eyes not how the game will look.
                              Because it's a stupid argument and some people got nothing better to do...

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I love my VX922 LCD!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X