No announcement yet.

Crt Vs Lcd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCDs at any hertz will not hurt the eyes. I am glad I switched to a LCD because anything under 100hz on a CRT would give me a headache after about 10 minutes. With a LCD running I have never got a headache from it.

Comment

Originally posted by hocuspocus
      as far as i know every lcd runs at 60hz i dont know why you need 100hz tho as you cant play 100fps online.
      I have an average of 120-140 fps online... Get your facts straight.
      + My LCD ( BenQ FP91V ) runs at 75hz as we speak.

Comment

Ive always recomended CRT over LCD over the years for gaming. Even when i got my dell 2001fp 16MS i still wasnt happy with LCD and ended up keeping my CRT for gaming.
        But now i got my 5MS viewsonic and Im pretty happy with it.
        Very good viewing angles. Almost true back screen, Vibrant colors, back light dosnt bleed threw the corners.

Comment

I've had Samsung CRT 19" for a looong time, but ironically right after i installed UT3 demo - in went belly up's with green screen and fuzzy letters. So i had nothing else to do but go and pick up one of the new TFT Samsungs 226BW.
          Dont get me wrong I loved my CRT and my main concern was only able to run games at naitive res.

BUT! after i picked up my new 22" LCD cuz i needed to play **** demo I waited for so long somehow!, hell there is no way i am going back.
          Its simply awesome, and i dont even use naitive 1680x1050... i think i use 1280x960 ? And it looks awesome. The main thing it doesnt take so much space and I can care less about how contrast it is...(UT3 is all gray ne ways).

And yes it is byyy far easier on my eyes... and now i can watch wide screen HD movies on it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
            Well isn't it capped at 90 fps online anyway?

Comment

Anyone who still says a CRT is better is a complete tard or hasn't actually used a good LCD. Go get a high resolution LCD with a 2-5ms response time.

Looks fantastic, no ghosting, no headaches.

My 21" 1600x1200 CRT was in the garbage a long time ago.

Now I have 2x Samsung SyncMaster 204B's. Very nice monitors.

Comment

Why does everyone say lcd's only run at 60? My samsung 19" runs at 75hz.

Comment

Mine runs at 75hz as well.

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                  Here's how it works: You're screen is running at 75hz. Which means that it updates itself 75 times per second. So it doesn't matter how many frames per second your video card is producing. Only 75 of them are actually used.

Comment

Originally posted by Timebomb View Post
                    This trick is know on specialized hardware sites but doesn't work : setting 75hz will make your monitor force to dump 1 frame each 5 frames. You can see it if take plenty of pictures of your screen with a SLR camera. You'll see that sometimes, your screen is blanked. LCD can't run over 60hz. Setting 75hz changes nothing in fact.

Comment

there are lcds up to 120Hz

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer.Linux.T32 View Post
                        This trick is know on specialized hardware sites but doesn't work : setting 75hz will make your monitor force to dump 1 frame each 5 frames. You can see it if take plenty of pictures of your screen with a SLR camera. You'll see that sometimes, your screen is blanked. LCD can't run over 60hz. Setting 75hz changes nothing in fact.
                        Games, especially ut2k4 definitely run better with 75hz compared to 60 for me. There is no denying the difference between the two. 75hz FTW.

Comment

I have a Samsung SyncMaster930B. It says right on the box 75hz. I don't know what "trick" you are talking about. I just set my monitor to 75hz in my display properties.

Comment

Originally posted by Timebomb View Post
                            They should say they all run at 60Hz, but some run at 75Hz, at least at lower resolutions.

Comment

That's some weird stuff you're smoking there - keep waaay out of my range please...

Of course good LCDs can do more than just 60Hz; even my crappy old BenQ 17" handles anything between 55-75Hz flawlessly. I've played hundreds of hours of Trackmania on it, and no frames were dropped by the display which is bleedingly obvious as soon as you're going into a curve.

That POS Acer 20" model I'm afraid I bought on the other hand will drop frames no matter what the refresh rate...

np: Tocotronic - Ich Habe Stimmen Gehört (Pure Vernunft Darf Niemals Siegen)

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                                They should say they all run at 60Hz, but some run at 75Hz, at least at lower resolutions.
                                LCDs have a native resolution. In my case 1280 x 1024. That how many pixels there are, and it cannot be changed. Lower resolutions are faked by scaling.

Comment

Working...
                                X