Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the purpose of the hoverboard jump spin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the purpose of the hoverboard jump spin?

is there a point to it? can you decapitate enemies with it?

Of course not. That would be too cool.

Comment

I use it when I get near my home base to return the flag... Bit of a taunt even if no-ones there to see it.

Some guys who arent smart enough to knock me off using hitscan have been close enough when I hit the flag to score though :P

Comment

It does just look cool, however i bet it would be fairly distracting to someone trying to shoot you, making it an evasion tactic if pulled off perfectly.

Comment

Yeah too bad a cool trick doesn't give you some kind of boost juice like in that Tricky game where if you do a couple of tricks you fill up a boost meeter.

Comment

Use it to make yourself harder to hit. I jump all the time on the hoverboard now, and it makes a big difference to how far I can get without being knocked off. You can also use it to turn around faster, if you time it just right so you land facing backwards.

Comment

If you do a ramp jump off a slope with a trick you go a bit further than just a ramp jump so it can be useful.

Example from the demo http://www.btinternet.com/~lvlmaker/temp/jump.wmv

I assume this still works in retail. Not tried as I've been manta whoring

Comment

I do like the hooverboard and the tricks. Its just fun to have. But a hard line sniper is taking you down easily. By just predicting where you land.

Comment

The bot team mates yell friendly fire when you hoverboard trick into them so I guessing you can damage an opponent and there seems to be stats for it... but I've never pulled it off myself...

Comment

Board into an enemy and you fall on your *** actually.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                      Board into an enemy and you fall on your *** actually.
                      Even when you jump spin into them?

Comment

It's to perform wicked sick moves!

Comment

The hoverboard trick is something that helps sell the game, and then people buy it and realize that it's useless.

Comment

It's definitely distracting. I doubt it does much to your hitbox, but it definitely has a psychological effect on enemies. Probably makes it harder for snipers to headshot you, as well.

Sure, expert players will not be affected much by this - but it's about squeezing out every bit of advantage.

Comment

It's a shame, really. After reading the posts in this thread I started fantasizing (relax ....not that kind of fantasizing) about playing UT 3 online in an arena with only hoverboards, everyone spinning around trying to decapitate one another. That's something that really could have made this game special. Maybe it can be modded. Lawd, I hope so!

Comment

Working...
                              X