Prelaunch characters > Actual characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx19 View Post
    In regards to all these xxx = fales/true tweaks, what the hell is going on? Clearly the developers set them this way, what for?
    Parallel tweaking structure to previous installments. Allows a person to toggle various graphics functions in a more specific way. Unfortunately the current UT3 video settings menu is not that specific yet.

Comment

In the UTEngine.ini under systemsettings there is a option to enable high poly chararcters but i really didnt see any difference with it on True or False. Does Anyone know if this option actually works or not.

Comment

Look at the character in the customize mode, look (to me at least) alot more detailed there.

Comment

Originally posted by upNsmokeISaGOD View Post
          In the UTEngine.ini under systemsettings there is a option to enable high poly chararcters but i really didnt see any difference with it on True or False. Does Anyone know if this option actually works or not.
          It works. It's the option to use the completely watered down character model or a less watered down character model.

Comment

Originally posted by Slokop View Post
            I would like to add that EPIC did a fantastic job on the teamcoloring, the characters stay visible when distance increases, no need for glowstick addons.
            What Epic did was essentially full brightskins.

Comment

Good that there is someone else on this forum who thinks that the characters were like what was showed off like Crysis (meaning that they probably rendered it for a screenshot/trailer but looks sh1tty ingame).

Another disappointment is that the characters shown on this site (even though it says, more will be added later), is basically the same as the ones in the actual game. I thought there might be some surprises or some cool unlockable characters (like in UT2004) after beating the game. I dunno, it still looks rushed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Therealjoe View Post
                They probably will release a high res texture pack or something.
                Hahaha, don't be that naïve. Keep dreaming for ur "high-res pack".

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                I'm a total Epic fanboy but I actually have to say that the screenshots were false advertising, and in many ways the cinematic trailer was false advertising on the single player game which is more like a disguised ladder.
                Every company do fake advertising. ID and Epic were in the less bad ones but looks like Epic catched up EA Games and other such *** compagny.

And now they use those so called "next-gen" **** features such as excessive HDR and Blur to hide the low-quality textures.

Originally posted by Slokop View Post
                I would like to add that EPIC did a fantastic job on the teamcoloring, the characters stay visible when distance increases, no need for glowstick addons.
                Actualy they are still hard to see, mostly when not playing TDM and even worse at close range. Red are harder to see than blue on some maps like Heat Ray.

Comment

Here is what the high-poly characters look like in-game. They ARE there. The game just disables them for some reason once you actually start playing. But they are fully viewable in the character editing options. My computer runs it at 5 fps, mind you, so I couldn't handle them in-action anyway. But I don't know why the game doesn't even let you try.

[shot]http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2488/highpolycharacterwj5.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Low quality textures? You call textures sized 2048X2048 low quality? Wow

Comment

I think when you consider the nice dynamic lighting and detailed shadows (even self shadowing) this engine can do more than I expected and still keeps decent frame rates.

High Detail Char1
                      High Detail Char1

Comment

Originally posted by Kain067 View Post
                        Here is what the high-poly characters look like in-game. They ARE there. The game just disables them for some reason once you actually start playing. But they are fully viewable in the character editing options. My computer runs it at 5 fps, mind you, so I couldn't handle them in-action anyway. But I don't know why the game doesn't even let you try.

[shot]http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2488/highpolycharacterwj5.jpg[/shot]
                        So essentially all they need to do is do a minor patch-up to the engine to enable the High Res models for in-game use.

Comment

Originally posted by Obscurite View Post
                          So essentially all they need to do is do a minor patch-up to the engine to enable the High Res models for in-game use.
                          And ship the accompanying monster rig that's needed to actually get a decent framerate as soon as you see someone else on screen alongside it, or what?

If that option were already there I'd bet there'd be people whining here that the game crawls with that option turned on...

Comment

Originally posted by Obscurite View Post
                            Waiting for your patch

Comment

Originally posted by _freespace_ View Post
                              Am I the only one that feels a bit cheated here?

Not really...I feel the same and Im very disappointed by the fact I cannot scale up the graphics even if I have the hardware to run it smoothly...

I don know if the game ever reach that quality that was shown in the sp trailer but at least hope so.

Comment

I know the characters in the cusomize menu are the true high poly ones ( the ones we see in the cinematics and in all the freakin' trailers and screenshots ). The fact that they're highpoly and look great is no big deal, really. Any experienced modeller can make one of those and render them out in nice poses. The actual MAGIC that I was expecting from UT3 is how they will get such awesome characters to also run smoothly on our PCs. That was the dissapointment.

And I get it why they look better in the cinematics ( also done with engine, only pre-rendered on some Nuclear powered rig ), but why would they release every screenshot with such stupidly detailed characters when they knew we would kind of figure out they're not.

Comment

Working...
                                X