Rocket Launcher Is The New Hotness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocket Launcher Is The New Hotness?

It appears that the Rocket Launcher is fast becoming the weapon of choice in most situations. I know I love it, and you do to. Whereas in the demo and in the first few days of the full game coming out you only saw a few people using it a lot (like me), now it seems like there's a 100% chance that someone is firing rockets at you at any given time. To exemplify, the number of deaths I have suffered over the last two days (or at least the ones that were recorded):

Rocket Launcher: 52
    Link Gun: 15
    Flak Cannon: 12

Deaths from other weapons are too low to mention. The Link Gun is surprisingly effective too, mainly just by spamming though.

So, do you think it will remain top dog, or will another weapon rise to take the crown as people become more experienced with them?

With out a doubt the RL is absolutely the weapon of choice...along with the Bio which IMO is way overpowered!

Comment

Personally, I have always preferred the rocket-launcher in all the UT games. The new one is the best, though. I love that they gave us 2 alt fires, thus bringing back the very tactical grenades from UT 99. However, I think the shock rifle will end up dominating. It's stupid powerful when using the shock combo. You see more peeps using the rocket launcher at first because it's easier to cover up lack of skill with it.

Comment

Flak is still my weapon of choice.

Comment

Hmm, how exactly does one use the special alt fire of the Rocket launcher? In one of those loading screen tips (I think?) it said that if I start charging up a secondary fire, and I press primary fire the rockets will turn into grenades... or something?

lol

Comment

Rocket Launcher, Shock Rifle, and Stinger are all very good. Rocket Launcher is too effective compared to the Flak, which needs a boost.

The Bio Rifle is okay, but it probably has the lowest damage over ammo ratio in the entire game. Primary goo globs only do 21 damage. As an off-the-cuff suggestion, I'd much rather see the maximum load reduced to 5 and the damage per glob increased to 30 or so. That would make the primary fire better, and tone down the secondary from 210 damage max to 150 damage max.

Link Gun secondary is implemented strangely, so it's hard to tell how much damage it does (100 damage over 1 second?). I never see anyone using it except to heal vehicles or nodes, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Self_Immolation View Post
              Hmm, how exactly does one use the special alt fire of the Rocket launcher? In one of those loading screen tips (I think?) it said that if I start charging up a secondary fire, and I press primary fire the rockets will turn into grenades... or something?

lol
              While you're holding alt fire to shoot 3 rockets, hit primary fire to change what mode you want.

Comment

Originally posted by |<r@$cHëR View Post
                ...along with the Bio which IMO is way overpowered!

ANOTHER good sign the weapons balance is this game is good. Just over the last couple of weeks you could find different threads ALL claiming without a doubt that

Bio, Rockets, Shock, Stinger, and Link are all the most powerful weapon the game and are way overpowered and ruining it. I'm sure if I did a search back to the demo we could find posts if not entire threads detailing the exact same argument for some of or all of the rest of the weapons and half the vehicles as well.

Comment

redeemer ftw

Comment

Yeh, i noticed i seem to be getting killed mostly by rox in UT3. The 'boom' sound from it is insanely loud when i have my 5.1 turned on.

I also seem to be hitting people dead on A LOT more often with big blobs of goo (bio secondary) than i managed in UT04. Either the blobs cover a much wider area or my bio aim has improved

Comment

The first complaint I heard was that shock was toooo powerful.. "omg anyone can combo now and not get killed bla bla"

I think that a lot of it depends on what system people have.. a weap like shock is difficult to aim with choppy fps.. heck, half the time I can't make heads or tails of what's going on in a warfare match it's so choppy and I'm in an uber powerful vehicle one second, the next I'm toast.

Soo it's a little difficult to tell exactly how the balance is overall this early.

Comment

I've noticed that the link gun primary fire does a crazy amount of damage to vehicles. If you get someone firing on a goliath with the link primary fire, it tears it right to shreds. Against a slow moving vehicle like a goliath or an SPMA or something it's just deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitch~Black View Post
                          However, I think the shock rifle will end up dominating. It's stupid powerful when using the shock combo.
                          Ya no doubt. The Shock Rifle as always been overpowered. Now with the shock balls doing 55dmg at close range instead of 35 and having the shock combo that have a way too big radius range and can easily kill you in 1 shot even if you have 125HP + Shield Belt.

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
                          Rocket Launcher, Shock Rifle, and Stinger are all very good. Rocket Launcher is too effective compared to the Flak, which needs a boost.

The Bio Rifle is okay, but it probably has the lowest damage over ammo ratio in the entire game. Primary goo globs only do 21 damage. As an off-the-cuff suggestion, I'd much rather see the maximum load reduced to 5 and the damage per glob increased to 30 or so.

Link Gun secondary is implemented strangely...
                          Rocket Launcher as always been my favorite weapons and since there is so many noobs that can only point and click with hitscan, I get a big advantage over everyone in UT3. But the Stinger which requires no skill is getting on my nerves. I even feel lame when I use it so I try to only do it if I have no other choice.

I agree about the Bio. The primary is so weak (if only it did 25 instead of 20) that I'd rather keep my ammo for secondary instead of wasting them. Now that Bio act like mines on the ground, you are better to shoot a single big one on the ground instead of a few small ones so you can kill the enemy in 1 hit if he back off into it.

The Link's beam is way too short. I can only hit people at close range since it's always out of range... really annoying.

Comment

Skilled players would prefer Shock / Sniper Rifle at long ranges or Flak Cannon at close range. These weapons jsut require more skill to use than Rocket Laucher.

Comment

OMG i love the new rocket launcher. right now it seems to be the only one i've gotten use to after using it only once... need to get used too the other too.... now can someone tell me wtf the impact hammer does?

Comment

Working...
                              X