Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to completely remove mouse acceleration, the answer here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
    Hey I foud that dropping your machine off a 10 story apartment complex also works very effectivelty for removing acceleration.
    I tried this, but it only takes care of the acceleration added by the game, you still need to run accelfix to get rid of the one in XP.

Comment

Unfortunately if you're on a pro competition, you can't edit ini files or anything. So I would advice using the stock configurations and get used to it. The only things you can change are the input keys and some sound settings.

Comment

Originally posted by DavoX View Post
        Unfortunately if you're on a pro competition, you can't edit ini files or anything. So I would advice using the stock configurations and get used to it. The only things you can change are the input keys and some sound settings.
        Since when? afaik most comps allow user editing settings, only the server has to be default/to rules

Comment

Yes you can edit settings, but NOT the ini files.

Comment

Where does it say that?

Comment

Sorry to sound like a dopey **** but regarding this thread and mouse lag , what are you referring to exactly.

Over the last couple of days the thing I notice is the slow acceleration on my mouse control from a stand still to a swing around movement.

It's only subtle but is that what you guys mean , I do plan to give this tweak a go but some clarification would be good first if someone could explain it a bit better.

Thanks in advance

Mal-

Comment

Ofcourse you can edit the ini files, you can bring your pen with your config, I've been doing this since 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by hypno View Post
                  Ofcourse you can edit the ini files, you can bring your pen with your config, I've been doing this since 2004.
                  Owned!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hypno View Post
                    I don't know about now, but in the days of 2k3/2004 competition you were not allowed to edit your .ini files. You could change your settings through the game menu and that was all. This is, of course, a pointless discussion as UT3 is a dead game with no real lan competitions in the United States. So, .ini edit away.

Comment

this game is not dead
                      play some more ut3

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                        this game is not dead
                        play some more ut3

Comment

Originally posted by LegionZ
                          This is, of course, a pointless discussion as UT3 is a dead game with no real lan competitions in the United States. So, .ini edit away.
                          I started playing with Americans because I could only play at very late night and I learned to appreciate this people a lot, make the huge lag worthwhile to deal with. Still, **** some of you guys with your pessimistic "dead" this, "fail" that! That's actively contributing to what you complain about in the first place! And then ...
                          Originally posted by coolcat22
                          this game is not dead
                          play some more ut3
                          Originally posted by Legionz View Post
                          hypno

coolcat22

Benfica

what?

Comment

Originally posted by Legionz View Post
                            I don't know about now, but in the days of 2k3/2004 competition you were not allowed to edit your .ini files. You could change your settings through the game menu and that was all. This is, of course, a pointless discussion as UT3 is a dead game with no real lan competitions in the United States. So, .ini edit away.
                            I attended World Cyber Games 2004 in san francisco and Electronic sports world cup 2005 in Paris(both ut2k4), what actually happened to me in san fran was that I forgot my pen drive so I actually had to configure it all from the beginning. Anyway you were allowed in both these events to bring your config, CPL was probably the only one more strict about that kind of stuff but it was more about the USB polling rate fix and things like that.

Comment

Working...
                            X