Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to completely remove mouse acceleration, the answer here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to completely remove mouse acceleration, the answer here.

First - all the credit is going to Aco24 from Prounreal.com forums -
    http://prounreal.com/forums/viewtopi...ef3a0ec0991877

I'll just copy his post into here.

"It takes a bit more than just changing MouseX/MouseY settings to fix the input problems there are new multipliers in place that modify mouse input significantly.

Here are the settings that need to be changed;

in UTInput.ini:

[Engine.PlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
    Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    ... (^- as neXus said)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput] <- same thing in this section as playerinput.
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)

I am not particularly sure about what all of the settings in [UTGame.UTConsolePlayerInput] do, as they are kind of convoluted ... but it wouldn't hurt to make all ViewAccel_* settings = 0.0f "

*NOTE - for some reason it shows like there is space between Fals to e in some lines so it looks like this Fals e, obviously this is wrong so just write False instead or copy directly from the original post in the link i gave.

Iv'e found that the game feels completely different after doing as suggested in the tutorial, and frankly im suprised why Epic has implented mouse acceleration in the game by default, and even more suprised that there is no option to disable it via UI, and even through the inis as you can see its far from being simple like turning "True" to "False".

In my opinion Epic must add an option to completely disable mouse acceleration in the next patch, the game feels so good without it.

Thanks, I am going to have to try that. The mouse still feels very wrong.

Comment

Gonna try that My aim with UT2004 is a lot better.

Comment

I'll happily be firing my flak at you while you take your time ( an hour or two perhaps? ;] ) turning 180 degrees without mouse acceleration.

Comment

Is there meant to be a space between the 'Fals' and the 'e'?

Comment

Isn't this enough?
            bViewAccelerationEnabled=FALSE <- disable mouse accleration

Comment

No it ain't, you can try for yourself to play with ViewAccel disabled and then do what is written and see if there's any difference, i'm sure you will be suprised. =)

I'll happily be firing my flak at you while you take your time ( an hour or two perhaps? ;] ) turning 180 degrees without mouse acceleration
              So what's your saying is that its harder to make 180 turn without acceleration? You obviously dunno **** about anything. it may cause me 0.1sec more then you to make the turn ( and its also more sensitivity dependent then accel on/off )but my overall aim will be much more accurate and smooth and while you will struggle to point your crosshair over me ill be taking you down with a nice lockdown with my linkgun, hehe.

Just try it instead of being offensive and stupid.

Sterling -

I've just noticed that it shows Fals e instead of False for some kind of reason ( tried to edit for no good ), turn it to normal false or copy from the original post.

Comment

Yeah this helps a lot to give a much 'cleaner' feel to the mouse movement.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                  I'll happily be firing my flak at you while you take your time ( an hour or two perhaps? ;] ) turning 180 degrees without mouse acceleration.
                  ... o_O what?

Comment

Oh yea, I noticed a difference allright
                    Ingame mouse sens of 1 and it's slow. Sens of 2 and I'm whipping 720's

Had to drop my G5 from 1400/1000 down to 600 on the 2 Sens to make it playable :\

[edit]Chopped the Speed=2.0 from MouseX/Y and it feels a hell of a lot better

Comment

mouse acc pwns all!
                      how do I set mine higher??

Comment

wow thats alot of work just to disable acceleration. I guess we can blame consoles for this too

Comment

Did all that and it does indeed feel different (i.e. better) ingame, need to try it online though. Thx.

Comment

I tried eliminating mouse acceleration but I found I actually like it. Makes those quick 180 degree spins much easier, without it I wasn't turning around as quickly as I would like. Just my $.02.

Comment

Awesome.

/me votes for sticky

Comment

Working...
                              X