Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else hate the bot teammates in warefare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i found them just completely retarded at times...hopefully they`ll fix the A.I. issues on the next patch

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One of the developers "Mysterial" addressed some of the bot shortcomings in this thread:

Official Bot AI Bug List Thread

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I managed to finish the whole campaing without having to use god. I had to play some maps more than once.

Here's my strategy: DON'T give them orders. I only give the order "Attack" on TDM maps, because I don't like having them covering me, because they get in the way of my rockets, and I kill myself for that Other than that, I just ignore them. On CTF/VCTF, I just try to be the first one from my team to get there. And then on the way back, I usually find one of my team mates, that actually stays behind, as I pass him, to cover me (at least they do that right). On WAR, I try to be the first to get the orb, then run like hell to the prime node, and then try to do the "connection" to the enemy core, as fast as I can, because if you let the enemy to control a few nodes, then it becames really difficult to reach the enemy core again.

Final thoughts: the bot AI is better than in the previous games, in instant action, but it SUCKS on campaing mode (and on any difficulty level, from what I've read here in the forum).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FYI, if anyone wants to use god mode for Torlan Delta with the kralls, since I didn't know:

Press tab
    Type "iamtheone"+enter
    Press tab again
    Type "god"+enter

Tried the strategy above but didn't work, maybe because by then I had it on "casual," which I didn't find any easier than normal. They wouldn't take the enemy primary node, and meanwhile we lost the center node. After all the AI BS I'd been through, at the very least it was kinda fun running everybody over with an immortal leviathan, and even then my teammates wouldn't attack the enemy power core. Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by uranus View Post
    Even if I say "Hold this position" on the tower he stands up there with a Link gun, this freaks me out!!

He should stand up there, help me out with his sniper rifle!
    In UT2004, IIRC, bots knew how to snipe. They aren't programmed for it in UT3. I always see them up in sniping towers, shooting off flak guns or something. The snipe node must be there, but the bots aren't coded to use it?

Sucks that so many fundamentals were left out of their AI.

Makes me wonder what the devs were doing with that "50% never play online" statistic - it's like they were just focusing on multiplayer, but some management type told them to do more SP stuff. So they begrudgingly tossed in a bunch of cutscenes, without giving it much thought, because when it came down to it, they still felt singleplayer efforts were a waste.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think, what really sucks is, that Bishop is that big "sniper guy", and on Torlan, if I say defend the base, he stands somewhere completely wrong, instead he should stand as a great "sniper" on the tower with the sniper rifle! But he doesnt.

Even if I say "Hold this position" on the tower he stands up there with a Link gun, this freaks me out!!

He should stand up there, help me out with his sniper rifle!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try: killbots and then it's just you and the nodes. In most Warfare camapaign maps I managed to do it all without going God, but some of them are outright impossible. You practically go alone against the entire enemy team.

As for CTF, the most annoying thing possible is that my team can't get the flag properly. Say for example I struggle to get into the enemy base and just as I'm about to get the flag, freakin' Jester gets it. Fine, I say. I'll cover her while she gets back to base. Well she has to take her sweet time and check out all the corridors and take the tour of the map with the flag, while the whole enemy team is on our butts. Then she dies, drops the flag, and before I get to it, a blue team member warps it back to base. Thank you Jester. Next time stay home and cook dinner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After 1st patch bots do well with orbs - good enough,
    I only try INSANE dificulty cause bots are weak (enemy as well) - i want harder level - i beat them like kids... only reson i could loose if my team do stupidity...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by h4mx0r View Post
    Othello was staring at the ground once.

Another time he was shooting a rock with an enforcer.
    Well thats one less rock you have to worry about coming after you. Good job Othello.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wonder if there is a "Stupid Bots do not even think about grabbing the orb" Command.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Othello was staring at the ground once.

Another time he was shooting a rock with an enforcer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes I agree with you.
    Torlan was also one of the HARDEST maps on there. (The krall one). Tried on hard as usual, bam nothing. Tried on hard with a card...bam nothing. Tried on normal, bam they overspammed me... thought of a strategy....they won again
    Rethought the strategy and finally got it right.

To win the Torlan (Krall) map do the following. Immediatly after start, take the levi (you can take over bots driving if you press 1) and start driving toward the middle node. Once you reach it , keep driving...stop around halfway between that and the enemy primary node so you have direct view of the enemy node. Now deploy and spam the middle node if its not yours already. You will take it pretty easy. Then spam the enemy primary node and get that as well...keep spamming and let your "team" get the nodes you kill. They will do it...not the fastest but will. Now once the enemy core is vulnerable DON'T atack it. Just protect the node linking it by keeping the spam all around the node and incoming enemies. After 5 or so minutes, your team should destroy the enemy node and you win. No cards required and tested on Normal. Perhaps can be done on hard as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Team mates bots are completely useless in the SP campaign. You'd think that playing the SP at the hardest level would make them actually useful, but it's not so. They park the levi so I can't move it, steal the orb, and don't heal nodes when they're damaged. A lot of the time they take the orb, then stop moving and then get killed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bots are like you 10-15 teammates in a crappy wargame like Call of Duty. There are just there to make it look cooler. They keep shooting but never hit any enemy so you end up having to do all the dirty work yourself.

Of course I hate it when a bot leave the base with a vehicule I wanted, just in my face.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Snotterkop View Post
    yup, I agree. Bots are so stupid in warfare (TDM, CTF etc they do pretty well)
    I find they're awful in CTF, too. It's just that they don't get in the way, but if you try to defend the flag, and tell them all to attack, they almost never succeed.

Sometimes I try to keep a bot flag runner alive, and I get to see exactly what they do wrong. They stop to fight every single enemy that comes up behind them, even way way behind them, which gives other opponents plenty of time to respawn and get there, eventually whittling them down, or overwhelming them. They don't seem to know how to just run like crazy, and certainly can't tell when they should try.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X