No announcement yet.

Ronin after the campaign end [SPOILERS!!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, i have never played quake. So... WTF do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronKnuckle View Post
      Actually, necrifying reaper would be cool. Then he would awake as a necris and lose all of his memories except the fact that malcom betrayed him. He would then enter the tournament to pwn malcom and have the necris on his team. Jester, bishop and othello will be necrified and they would still fight with him in the tourny.
      They wouldn't necessarily lose their memories. In UC2, Brock lost his, but Lauren, Selket, and Calypso all retain their memories. And Judas and Lilith are specifically mentioned as have their memories/personality intentionally erased because of the crimes they committed while alive.

Anyways, point being that other than the occasional guy like Brock, it seems Necris losing their memories after being Necrified is usually something intentional, and not simply a side effect of the process. So if any of the 3 (4?) get revived as Necris, they may or may retain their memories.

Frankly, I'd expect Jester, Bishop, ad Othello to be erased though, as punishment for invasion and attacking a holy site. Reaper though might keep his, one for the Malcolm vendetta, and two to make the connection between him and Jester more tense.

Comment

yeah, that would also be cool. Reaper maintains memory whilst everyone else forgets and just turns into savage necris warriors. Reaper would be uber-****** at that. Maybe bishop could retain SOME memories, that would make him seem like even more of a raving lunatic. Having a whole bunch of religious taunts coming from a necris would be wierd.

Comment

UT3 Ending for those who want to see, what everyones talking about.

To be honest I feel disappointed with Malcolms actions during the ending of the story, It doesn't really seem to match his previous bio info.

UT2004:
          Malcolm
          Race: Human
          Data:
          Needs no introduction - most famous veteran of the Tournaments, recognized on every planet. With the typical calm pride of the Earth-born, and strong sense of loyalty, Malcolm is a true survivor and born leader.
          Born leader and a strong sense of loyalty, doesn't sound much like the ending scene Malcolm in UT3.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Thanatos. I only have the demo, but I knew the ending because I read the cinematic subtitles.

I completely agree - Malcolm has never been depicted as the sort of person who would backstab someone.

Maybe it hasn't even been Malcolm all along - it's the new Corrupt robots; now made to resemble humans. Malcolm is actually Xan

Comment

It never said who Malcom is loyal too. I just don't get into the story of the tournament so deeply that Malcom's betrayal means anything to me and I've been a hardcore UT player since 1999. He's never been depicted as a hero or villain really. I think it's really hard to see any competitors in a "bloodsport" as being morally upstanding citizens. Also, keep in mind...the boss battle at the end of UT was Xan...bad guy. The boss battle at the end of UT2003...Malcom...bad guy? I think they're all reprehensible heathens in the game...probably why I'm so attracted to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
                It never said who Malcom is loyal too. I just don't get into the story of the tournament so deeply that Malcom's betrayal means anything to me and I've been a hardcore UT player since 1999. He's never been depicted as a hero or villain really
                Malcolm is a business man, plain and simple. He has no loyalty to anyone except himself and his bank account. He was hired by the Izanagi to run special ops and it has been established that the corporations hire the most skilled fighters and team captains in the off season.

If Axon had thrown down more cheese you better believe Malcolm and Lauren would be fighting side by side. If Reaper and company had all of a sudden won the intergalactic lottery and offered Malcolm the job malcolm would have flown to Omicron 6 and kicked the **** out of Akasha personally.

The Cinamatic with Loque displayed it best. That was a straight business transaction and nothing more. Emotion had nothning to do with it. The Tournament fighters have always been that way

Comment

nicely open, a couple of ways it can go, the revenge tournament route, though Reaper knows nothing of Malcolms betrail.(yet) and this could bring in the drafting from 2k4 for Reapers new team. i like the idea of the Necris version. be different playing from the bad guys perspective.

will this be in a bonus pack, not for a while me thinks, thats a hell of a lot of work to do though something to look forward too.
                  it has legs

Comment

naah, all I wanna is Akasha to respawn :P

(yep I like Necris, they got **** nice vehicle design and maps btw - now what? )

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
                      It never said who Malcom is loyal too. I just don't get into the story of the tournament so deeply that Malcom's betrayal means anything to me and I've been a hardcore UT player since 1999. He's never been depicted as a hero or villain really. I think it's really hard to see any competitors in a "bloodsport" as being morally upstanding citizens. Also, keep in mind...the boss battle at the end of UT was Xan...bad guy. The boss battle at the end of UT2003...Malcom...bad guy? I think they're all reprehensible heathens in the game...probably why I'm so attracted to it.
                      Problem is that it was such a cheap way to make Malcolm bad and Xan was not bad in UT99, he was skilled and got to the finals, just as the player did. Has nothing to do with evil or what not.

Comment

Betraying Reaper didnt seem like that bad of an idea to me, Repears just a blood thirsty chaotic soilder, he wants revenge on everything. First Akasha and now Malcolm, I'm getting the feeling he doesnt care for anything except blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                          Betraying Reaper didnt seem like that bad of an idea to me, Repears just a blood thirsty chaotic soilder, he wants revenge on everything. First Akasha and now Malcolm, I'm getting the feeling he doesnt care for anything except blood.
                          I agree. Malcolm was basically making a deal to stop the war peacefully, with the cost being both sides putting down their rabid dogs (Reaper and Akasha).

Comment

Originally posted by PacVeli View Post
                            Problem is that it was such a cheap way to make Malcolm bad and Xan was not bad in UT99, he was skilled and got to the finals, just as the player did. Has nothing to do with evil or what not.
                            Xan called me names! He's defnitely evil!

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
                              Xan called me names! He's defnitely evil!
                              You are inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by Thanatos View Post
                                UT3 Ending for those who want to see, what everyones talking about.

To be honest I feel disappointed with Malcolms actions during the ending of the story, It doesn't really seem to match his previous bio info.

UT2004:

Born leader and a strong sense of loyalty, doesn't sound much like the ending scene Malcolm in UT3.
                                Yeah man ... I am very unhappy with the ending and the way they decided to portray Malcolm ... as a money hungry greedy self serving SOB who could care less about anyone else. Definitely doesn't sound the Malcolm we have been used to since UT1.

Comment

Working...
                                X