Ronin after the campaign end [SPOILERS!!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
    Of course there is. Bonuspack people, that cliffhanger is too big to ignore!
    I hope you meant bonuspatch...I bought the game already fgs.

well, at the end, he's surrounded so him against how many? like...8
    plus, they have shock rifles (shock > rox)
    therefore, he's screwed.

hopefully anyway, then you can play as Loque and be an evil **** and destroy the human race through the form of some kind of competitive gathering, *ah tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
      Not in a supermodel way, but kind of shool girlish cute kind of way she has some intangible appeal that makes you kind of want to shag her. That mixed with the attitude and the hairstyle adds to effect. From the neck down, I believe she's identical to most of the other famale characters.
      Yeah...yeah, that's pretty much it. Glad I'm not alone on that one

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
        Not in a supermodel way, but kind of shool girlish cute kind of way she has some intangible appeal that makes you kind of want to shag her.
        That's got seriously perverse overtones....

Comment

I'm going to be slightly annoyed if all of Ronin are dead (besides Reaper, obviously)

Comment

well from UT3 photos and such from epic i think the person malcom is talking to in the ending video is gorge. So expect him to come into play if they continue the story line in upcoming bonus packs.

Comment

Originally posted by threeonefive View Post
              well from UT3 photos and such from epic i think the person malcom is talking to in the ending video is gorge. So expect him to come into play if they continue the story line in upcoming bonus packs.
              Looked like Loque to me. You think Gorge is a necris now?

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
                Is it wrong that I find Jester unbelievably (or rather, disturbingly) hot?

:/
                I do too, man.

I do too.

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
                  Uh - Can we get a screen of this particular encounter

So we're all up to speed

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
                    That's a possiblity, but I personally ain't going for this. It'd be a bit laborious going down this road. Also, for one, Necris usually don't have memories of their past life.
                    Though some definitely do. Lauren remembers her past, while Brock doesn't, for example in UC2.
                    Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
                    Unless it some combination of tournament combat and a story driven campaign...
                    Like UC2.
                    Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
                    It was definitely either Loque, or generic Necris 578 using the same model.

Comment

Anyways, I figure all four are likely to get the Necris treatment. I just don't see Reaper getting out of there alive, especially with Loque there. Yeah you beat him often enough in gameplay, but storywise I think he's supposed to be one of the most skilled, near Malcolm, Brock, & Lauren's level. And gameplay skills don't necessarily equate to what happens storywise.

Comment

Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
                        SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!!

Last match of the campaign, Reaper fights Akasha one on one while Othello, Bishop and Jester guard the exits. While you're fighting Akasha, you hear "Ronin 3 down", "Ronin 2 down", and "Ronin 4 down" (is that the right order?)

Then after you floor Akasha and bash her head in with the muzzle of your rocket launcher you're surrounded by Necris, none of your team-mates answer on the radio, and Loque appears with a near-dead Jester.

Jester dies, you conclude Malcolm betrayed you, and you charge up your rocket launcher and take on ten plus Necris solo.

The end.

If there is a continuation, or sequel, or anything, what do we think happens next?

Do we think Reaper will have survived to fight again?

Are Othello and Bishop also dead?

Do we think that Jester (and Othello & Bishop) will be Necris reanimated? (I think this is likely - why would the Necris waste three perfectly good corpses of skilled fighters?)

Will Malcolm be the final boss, again?

Maybe Reaper will join the Necris in order to have the opportunity to attack Izanagi and get to Malcolm?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Discuss.
                        Thank you very much, you killed the story for me, now i know whats going to happen, THAAAAAAANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by uranus View Post
                          Thank you very much, you killed the story for me, now i know whats going to happen, THAAAAAAANKS!
                          If that isn't sarcasm - you're loss.

The thread declares spoilers - it's your fail for not paying attention.

Comment

I don't see how I could have made it any more clear, really...

Comment

Hmm, 'Spoilers'? Well, I'll read it and OH NO I know all the story, why did nobody warn me?

Pah.

As to the story: But, but, I was fighting Akasha to use up her Respawner charges so I could kill her properly! Me and my Ronin own all the Respawners for miles around, and even if the Necris took them back, I still won this match a good 5 kills ahead - can't I just use the leftover charges to res up Jester and Bishop?

Othello can stay dead, if I could have fired him midway through I would have - on some of the TDM matches he got straight 0 scores, and always stole the Orb out from under my nose in Warfare then ran off to play tea parties with it somewhere useless.

I'm kinda hoping for a 2004-style expansion to the story - a whole bunch of the original, classic UT teams were missing, and could easily be slotted in - Juggernauts, Brock, Xan, the Gen'Mokai aliens, and the Unreal staple, the Skaarj! It feels like Epic have put in half for now, and are keeping the other half for an expansion.

It was nice to see the Kraal come back updated from their 'lizard with a sharp stick' Unreal 1 incarnation, but they do seem to be a slave/merc race to whoever employs them - in this case the Necris, but in previous games the Skaarj.

New weapons would be nice - Skaarj-based things like the wristblade/energy balls thing from Unreal 1 and 2 perhaps.

So: UT3.5: Reaper fights his way back through the Necris, perhaps allying with the Gen'Mokai, heads back to take on Malcolm, who uses the new Corporation alliances formed after the war to hire teams to stop you - the Juggernauts, the Liandribots now including new models and Xan, perhaps the Skaarj too although that doesn't fit very well, and his own Thunder Crash Axon team with Lauren and Brock. With new weapons, and gametypes, and usual expansion stuff.

Comment

This is what happens.

Reaper beats the necris goons then as he is about to finish off Loque, Loque tells reaper that he is his father. Reaper "No, it's not possible! Noooo! Nooo!" and he jumps down a sewer. Jester becomes necris and teams up with Brock and Lauren who are after Malcolm. Bishop is now in heaven and commands and just chills with angels and stuff. Loque tells Malcolm that Reaper is still alive and is coming for him so Malcolm sends a message to Xan and captain Kirk that he needs some back up.
                                Jester and Brock and Lauren enter the tournament to get enough money for a space ship. They make their way to the top were they must fight Liandri's robot team with it's two newest members, C3po and Gort. Reaper makes his way to the surface of the necris planet and escapes with Flash Gordon in Zarkov's rocket ship only to run into Cobra arms dealer, Destro. Flash and Reaper battle Destro on Phobos Classic but a shocking message from captain planet informs the duo that the necris are replacing earths oceans with nano black.
                                That's all I have found out so far.

I seriously can't wait for the bonus pack...this is going to be so awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X