Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ronin after the campaign end [SPOILERS!!]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronin after the campaign end [SPOILERS!!]

SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!!

Last match of the campaign, Reaper fights Akasha one on one while Othello, Bishop and Jester guard the exits. While you're fighting Akasha, you hear "Ronin 3 down", "Ronin 2 down", and "Ronin 4 down" (is that the right order?)

Then after you floor Akasha and bash her head in with the muzzle of your rocket launcher you're surrounded by Necris, none of your team-mates answer on the radio, and Loque appears with a near-dead Jester.

Jester dies, you conclude Malcolm betrayed you, and you charge up your rocket launcher and take on ten plus Necris solo.

The end.

If there is a continuation, or sequel, or anything, what do we think happens next?

Do we think Reaper will have survived to fight again?

Are Othello and Bishop also dead?

Do we think that Jester (and Othello & Bishop) will be Necris reanimated? (I think this is likely - why would the Necris waste three perfectly good corpses of skilled fighters?)

Will Malcolm be the final boss, again?

Maybe Reaper will join the Necris in order to have the opportunity to attack Izanagi and get to Malcolm?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Discuss.

Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
    SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!!

Last match of the campaign, Reaper fights Akasha one on one while Othello, Bishop and Jester guard the exits. While you're fighting Akasha, you hear "Ronin 3 down", "Ronin 2 down", and "Ronin 4 down" (is that the right order?)

Then after you floor Akasha and bash her head in with the muzzle of your rocket launcher you're surrounded by Necris, none of your team-mates answer on the radio, and Loque appears with a near-dead Jester.

Jester dies, you conclude Malcolm betrayed you, and you charge up your rocket launcher and take on ten plus Necris solo.

The end.

If there is a continuation, or sequel, or anything, what do we think happens next?

Do we think that Jester (and Othello & Bishop) will be Necris reanimated? (I think this is likely - why would the Necris waste three perfectly good corpses of skilled fighters?)

Maybe Reaper will join the Necris in order to have the opportunity to attack Izanagi and get to Malcolm?
    Next time on Epic Soap channel.

Comment

just theory, but if u unlock all chars, youll notice there are more than 4 on the ronin team.

Comment

Is it wrong that I find Jester unbelievably (or rather, disturbingly) hot?

:/

Comment

Originally posted by Silverado-CoA View Post
          just theory, but if u unlock all chars, youll notice there are more than 4 on the ronin team.
          Yea i noticed that and on the necris side "Alanna" is there, whoever she is

Comment

Maybe the 5th Ronin is an option during campaign co-op play if there are more than 4 players?

Originally posted by Aled View Post

Hmmm....

Nah!

Comment

jester is pretty **** hawt if she wears the right chest plate, the one in the screenshots makes her bewbs look kinda wierd

and i think reaper gonna bust through those necris like tinfoil(fueled by the anger brought on by watching his sister die) and somehoew find his way to malcolm

Comment

But he'd have to defeat all the Necris (including Loque) who are with him right now, fight his way to a spaceport, steal a ship, fly back through the jumpgate to Taryd - where he's probably already a fugitive for stealing a ship and flying to the Necris world in the first place...

All on his own.

Comment

Her avatar looks **** ugly ( The one you see when a jester player taunts you), and in-game she looks like an average woman who's face is rendered to look shiny Oo.

I don't find her exceptionally good looking, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

I think Malcolm will return to the Tournaments, and Reaper will enter to try to face him one on one for revenge. This will be the second episode of the SP campaign.

Plus, for everyone talking about the lack of emotional energy in the SP campaign, I invite them to play almost any other SP title from the last ten years. The voice acting in UT3 is excellent, and the animation and mocap is really, really well done. The scene in the rain where Reaper is pacing around Malcolm, angry over the apparent link between the Necris invasion and the Izanagi campaign is really outstanding. I recently started Unreal 2 (from the anthology), and was amazed at how wooden and unsympathetic everyone appeared. It's really jarring, considering how far advanced Ut3 is, in this respect.

Also, the idea that the Tournament matches are related to modern-day (2048, or whatever) military actions is dead on, since traditional Decathlon and Pentathlon events were originally chosen and arranged arranged to simulate the actions of a military scenario from antiquity, and the nineteenth century, respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverado-CoA View Post
                      there are more than 4 on the ronin team.
                      Those are Izanagi soldiers, they're not from Twin Souls.

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                      The voice acting in UT3 is excellent
                      I don't care much for Reaper's eternal pent-up tough guy act or Malcolm's wannabe gangsta quotes. Reaper's dead serious 100% of the time except for his taunts, which are completely out of place.

Bishop's awesome, though.

Comment

Originally posted by [FfFC]_-(MAD)-_ View Post
                        Its gona be a 10hr marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
                          I believe it's either your order or 4, 3, 2 being Bishop, Othello and Jester respectively. In your order Jester would be 4.

Of course there is. Bonuspack people, that cliffhanger is too big to ignore!

Well d'ah.

Obviously.

Oh my, I like this theory. Now I think of it, my guess would be both Bishop and Othello will be necrified while Reaper takes Jester home and cremates her (heroes always get cremated, they don't do burying ). This'd create an awesome ''OHMYGASP'' moment when he would face his two old friends later in the storyline as big Necris lieutenants.

That would be my guess. It's extremely likely.
                          Considering the continuation of the SP storyline, IMO there's two ways it could go:
                          1. one would be like what we have now: a campaign based on the storyline with bot matches guiding you through the actual storyline that would in this case be Reaper chasing down Malcolm and dealing with Necris scum on the way (he'd need a new team ).
                          2. a return to the Tournament story. Malcolm was working for the Izanagi cause he was hired during the off-season, meaning there was no Tournament to participate in at that time. A continuation of the story could mean a start of the Tournament season, where Malcolm would enter with his Thunder Crash (which are IMO a very likely return, regardless of if way 1 or way 2 happens) and Reaper with his (new) team. Oh, epiphany! He would enter the Tournament as an anonymous team (with like masks on) that would silently work its way up the ladders as a confrontation with Thunder Crash gets closer and closer. Then story this story that, yadda yadda and Reaper kills Malcolm.

That's a possiblity, but I personally ain't going for this. It'd be a bit laborious going down this road. Also, for one, Necris usually don't have memories of their past life.

Ideas? Thoughts?
                          Plenty.

Originally posted by [FfFC]_-(MAD)-_ View Post
                          That made me LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
                            I believe it's either your order or 4, 3, 2 being Bishop, Othello and Jester respectively. In your order Jester would be 4.
                            I am certain in my case at least, Ronin 3 down was the first message because I had 3 kills at the time and the meaning of the message confused me. But it could be random for all I know.

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
                            Oh my, I like this theory. Now I think of it, my guess would be both Bishop and Othello will be necrified while Reaper takes Jester home and cremates her (heroes always get cremated, they don't do burying ). This'd create an awesome ''OHMYGASP'' moment when he would face his two old friends later in the storyline as big Necris lieutenants.
                            Having Reaper face Necris Jester would be a bigger OHMYGASP moment - she was a more important character than the other two, who felt more like secondary characters to me. I'd imagine that in the seconds immediately after the end of the cinematic he's too busy fighting to be able to carry her out of there.

She's dead, he can't help her any more. I think he'd be more concerned about getting revenge than burying her.

As to tourney vs campaign, given the whole concept of respawners a tournament may not be an adequate path to vengeance for Reaper. Granted, he can kill Malcolm again and again, but at the end of it he'll still be alive. Plus with no story, the impact of facing his necrified former team-mates will be completely lost.

Unless it some combination of tournament combat and a story driven campaign...

Comment

Not in a supermodel way, but kind of shool girlish cute kind of way she has some intangible appeal that makes you kind of want to shag her. That mixed with the attitude and the hairstyle adds to effect. From the neck down, I believe she's identical to most of the other famale characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X