Do you find it hard to aim in UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you find it hard to aim in UT3?

Kind of a odd question, maybe but like alot of you iv come from UT 2k4 and there my main weponds were the shock (for the combo), flack and the rocket. Now that iv started playing UT3 it feels like its become alot harder to aim with the shock and the flack, it almost feels like they'v made you start over from square one.

maybe its just me but a few other people iv talked to in game say the same thing and i was just alittle curious if anyone else felt the same way.

Well after I disabled viewacceleration, mouse smoothing, and smooth framerate or whatever. I noticed an extreme increase in being able to aim, it felt like a whole new ball game.

Comment

Probably its just you, unable to hit a combo without flying around the map yourself

Comment

Same here. I could be on a server pinging 50-60 and everytime I use shock, it feels like I'm lagging out.

It's probably a combination of the shock rifle shooting at a different rate and characters seeming to move a bit faster. Or maybe it is something else considering this game still has several patches to go before we have a final release.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
          Well after I disabled viewacceleration, mouse smoothing, and smooth framerate or whatever. I noticed an extreme increase in being able to aim, it felt like a whole new ball game.
          Yeah, I've done all that, too.

Comment

I have been playing instagib since UT2003 till today, and in UT3 i have seen some cases where im sure that was a hit but the shot goes thru the other player, also happened in single player

Maybe its all me, since its a whole new game.

Comment

Hmm, this sounds very familiar. I've been noticing myself that the shock rifle seems unusually inaccurate. By that I mean it seems that when i've shot at someone's shoulder for instance (being a shot that would be an impact) it doesn't seem to register. Anyone else have this happen?

Comment

even the link gun beam is lagging,it hits the enemy not correct

Comment

Originally posted by tab View Post
                  even the link gun beam is lagging,it hits the enemy not correct
                  I can't seem to hit **** in this game

Man, i used to be good. I swear, people move faster than bullets in this game.

Comment

I've got the same problem, I loaded up a DM instagib server with 10 or so people, and I was getting raped, had a 30-50 score. In 2k3 and 2k4 I owned in Instagib, I'm not talking pubs here either.

Comment

I'm no technical whiz but I once tried to get back into UT99 after being hassled by old clan mates and after all the UT2k3/4-ing - no matter how much i configured the mouse setting in UT99 - it just felt completely alien to me.

So im' guessing theres prolly some sort of underlying subtle technical differences that screw up your accuracy. UT3 is a totally new and different game, if you want to get really good at it, u have to sacrifice a some of your skills from the other game.

Practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Self_Immolation View Post
                        I've got the same problem, I loaded up a DM instagib server with 10 or so people, and I was getting raped, had a 30-50 score. In 2k3 and 2k4 I owned in Instagib, I'm not talking pubs here either.
                        i think fps players as a whole has gotten much better the last few years. just think back to 99, who the hell had internet? now everyone and his dog got their own wireless broadband! and adventure games ruled back then, now they barely exist, and if they do, they suck hard at it...

but im not saying that there arent any problems! but maybe you now just have to adapt your aiming because it doesnt quite work as it did for 2k3 and 2k4? maybe you have to lead more now or whatever... i also feel that the flak is weird because if you want to use the cannon on someone close you have to aim way lower than where you're supposed to shoot, which is weird, but you get used to it after a while!

and i never was able to hit the shock orb in any of the previous ut games while moving either, so for me no problemo! :P

Comment

not really

Comment

i felt the same when i played instagib for the first time yesterday.. I played instagib for years, also in clans. Now my aim sucks, it just feels different, less smooth/fast or something.. But maybe i just need some practise..

Comment

Lets see how it is after some weeks of playing

Comment

Working...
                              X