This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Client?

I stopped at Target on the way home from w0rk. Picked up a retail box Unreal Tournament 3 (along with another copy ov Quake Wars and the Target exclusive Battle ov Hoth Star Wars Miniature set!!!) 170$ well spent.

So I kick back have some brew, rip open my new minis (yey, another Darth Vader!), create an account using my new etqw CD key (I already have it installed on all the computers on my LAN, they are just waiting for their cd keys so they can play on the internet!) and now I am ready to get some ACTION!!

So this is me, kinda disappointed I can't find a UT3 client for my operating system.

And from what I hear, the questionable legal status about the Linux port means I will return UT3 to the store tomarrow for a 5th copy ov Quake Wars.

I guess I will be fragging strogg again tonight. At least it makes buying xmass presents for all my friends and coworkers easy.

In a sticky

Q: Will there be a linux version of UT3?
    A: We are currently working on a linux UT3 client that players will be able to use with the retail Windows version. As soon as it's available we'll announce it here.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that.

being a big fan ov Icculus' work, I also saw this:

http://www.linuxhardware.org/article.../11/21/0433201

Could be an 'any day' kinda thing. or it could take a while. I dono. I think I jumped the gun on getting UT3 tho. It had such a nice box! I just grabbed it as soon as I saw it. I did not even know it was out yet! Last I heard there was still Linux support in the box.

Anyway, I will buy a few copies ov all the new Linux games. Just to ya know, support the system. but I still have 2 boxes that don't have etqw cd keys, so...

Comment

Argh. I also bought UT3, because I was sure there will be a Linux version on the dvd....
        So, we don't know how long it will take?

****. Donating money for nothing is not funny :-/

Comment

Working...
        X