Gear Of War Save Fix???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear Of War Save Fix???

Hay guys I had a wired problem with UT3 With the CD key and had the GOW save game issue's so I wrote Midway about the iusse on the CD key for UT3 here's there reply

Answer 11/23/2007 via Website (Date Originally Viewed: 11/23/2007 10:07:03 AM)
    Thank you for contacting Midway Tech/Customer Support. Please see below for details about your inquiry to Midway.

This key is fine. If you are having problems please ensure it is inputted correctly.

If you still have problems, please follow the steps below to manually uninstall the game:

Goto start > run > type "regedit" > click ok, and delete the following keys.

Please be sure to follow the directory tree all the way to the Unreal Tournament 3 keys, as deleting the wrong key can
    cause damage to your system registry. Midway accept no responsibility for damage arising from deleting the incorrect
    registry entry.

Hkey_classes_root/installer/products/90209afbffa76bd4e8b45e375057a17d
    Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/explorer/menuorder/start menu/programs/Unreal Tournament 3
    Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/current
    version/uninstall/Installshield_{BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}

Now the delete the following folders:

If you can’t see this folder in Program Files, goto tools > folder options > view > and check Show hidden files and
    folders. You may also need to type c:\windows\installer into the address to see this folder.

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}

C:\Documents and Settings\*YOUR WINDOWS USER NAME HERE*\Application Data\InstallShield Installation
    Information\{BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}

C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3.

You should now be able to reinstall the game.

Regards,
    Midway Tech/Customer Support

For more answers visit http://support.midway.com where you can "Q&A Search" or "Ask a Question".

Question 11/23/2007 via Website
    Hi, I tried all of the above stuff and still no
    good I dont understand I've never had any problems
    with cd code's until recently and it's not the
    system or os I meet all the requirements. Thanks
    for you time.

Skaredmask

I also included dxdiag for you guys too.

Attachments: DxDiag.txt

Im also running Winxp SP2

I went to the place I bought this game at and
    exchanged it and im still having the same troubles
    with the CD key Whitch is now(####-####-####-####)
    and bar Code I dont understand why
    these CD keys arn't working. I have put them all in
    like 10 times with caps and without caps. So what
    going on here none of the CD Keys work even with a
    new game and code? PLZ write back ASAP and thanks
    for your time

Skaredmask

Answer 11/26/2007 via Website
    Thank you for contacting Midway Tech/Customer Support. Please see below for details about your inquiry to Midway.

If you have the demo installed, please ensure that it is uninstalled prior to installing UT3.

Regards,
    Midway Tech/Customer Support

For more answers visit http://support.midway.com where you can "Q&A Search" or "Ask a Question".

Well after being Sleepy and editing the regersty on windows and really screwing it up lol. I had to re-install Windows OEM after reformatting my hard drive's and 2 hours of windows updates I reinstalled UT3 and to my suprised it worked. After playing for a little bit I dicided to reinstall GOW and did the wondows live updates right after words and now I can save in the game. So anyways I think all of the stuff is kinda (minus files from your doc) are saved in your system regersty for your save game data in Gears of war. I also tried to install a older sound card on my system to day for the use of MDI interface and I had to retype the CD key for UT3 so I thought that was a little odd too tell me what you think and thanks.

Originally posted by Skaredmask View Post
    Hkey_classes_root/installer/products/90209afbffa76bd4e8b45e375057a17d
    Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/explorer/menuorder/start menu/programs/Unreal Tournament 3
    Hkey_current_user/software/Microsoft/windows/current
    version/uninstall/Installshield_{BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}
    Is this your CD-Key? Wonder if this means that the keys are still not encrypted and can be stolen again....

Comment

No it's not my CD key and that was the one I returned lol, My CD key wasn't stolen.

Comment

But try and format your had drive and reinstall windows thats what worked for me.

Comment

Working...
        X