Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK now here is my situation.
    I have to play the game on the lowest settings and even then im only getting 13 to 20 fps.
    Im wondering if there any tweeks to get this thing to work.
    Before you go thinking its just my system, its not i play COD4 on highest settings 60-70 fps, Crysis on mostly med some high settings at 60+ fps.
    So I know it can handle it.If I turn them up to half way I get around 4-5 fps.
    Heres my specs.

Xp pro sp2 all updates
    DX9.0c
    K8V SE deluxe mobo
    amd 3500+ 64 bit running 2.8 Ghz
    3 Gigs Corsair XMS DDR
    ATI Radeon X1650 pro 512
    Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

All drivers are current for all hardware.
    So any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance!

You should be able to run it fine, you have a better computer than me. What settings/resolution are you running at? Also, try defragging your hard drive.

Comment

Actually I forgot to add that it is a 1week old install of Windows.after all games were installed it was defraged and is only used for these games.
      74 Gig raptor hd with 32 gig raptor b/u.
      1280X1024 res I forget the model # but the monitor is Westinghouse 19 inch.

Comment

Yes, if by lowest settings you mean texture detail and world detail both on one, you should be getting better than 20 fps with a rig like that, either as suggested you need to defrag your hard drive or check your startup etc to make sure there aren't loads of other programs running in the background.

Comment

Ok did a defrag and checkes processes running and there are no extras running just the esentials.
          Still same thing.
          Texture and world are set to 1 and screen percentage is set to 50

Comment

Make sure only 1 UT3.exe is open- the other day I had 2 running xD

Try putting percentage all the way to 100 %. Your settings might be too low for ur comp.

Comment

No man...it's your video card...listen...put "screen percentage" to 100% and try in 640x480 mode....(every other option LOWEST) on a DM map....small one...with ONE bot. This should be a good way to test your video card. Then do the same thing on the same map...only in 1280x1024. If the FPS is much lower in higher resolution your video card is to blame. If you have about the same FPS in both cases...it's something else.

Comment

I've got a computer with a similar card in it. Try turning off the motionblur and depth of field in the ini. Try searching the forums for INI tweaks and you'll find some other things you can try. I went from around 20fps on the demo to 30fps by doing that with my 6800gs. I didn't look at what the 1650pro did for fps, but it looked about the same. I'm also running 3500+ processors in the two machines.

Comment

Originally posted by -CK-Halo View Post
                  Before you go thinking its just my system, its not i play COD4 on highest settings 60-70 fps, Crysis on mostly med some high settings at 60+ fps.
                  The proof is in the pudding. There's nothing wrong with your computer. This isn't the only thread describing this problem, always involving a pretty decent computer.

I think you can probably expect a patch one day that addresses whatever incompatibility your computer has with UT3.

Comment

make sure you have the latest radion drivers installed, and see if there are any latest drivers for your audio card, could even try playing it with no sound... see if it improves, if it does then you found your problem, i know u said u had latest drivers but just double check. Try different resolutions, as suggested, 800X600 res, and also check your refresh rates, change them, might make a difference, disable ANY messengers/IM's running in the background, close them!!!!!!!!!!!!! i get bad lag if my msn is up while im playing UT3, and ppl have claimed they get extreme lag when have xfire running in the background. Disable / close any anti-virus you have running in the background also, even tho im running fine with avast, but there are other AV progs that are REAL heavy on rescources. Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by -CK-Halo View Post
                      Xp pro sp2 all updates
                      DX9.0c
                      K8V SE deluxe mobo
                      amd 3500+ 64 bit running 2.8 Ghz
                      3 Gigs Corsair XMS DDR
                      ATI Radeon X1650 pro 512
                      Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
                      Well I have:
                      XP MCE 2005
                      Pentium D 830 Dual-Core @ 3.0 Ghz
                      DirectX 9.0c November 2007 redistributable
                      Ati X1650Pro 512MB Catalyst 7.11
                      1GB Ram
                      Realtek onboard HD Audio

and I run it at 1024x768 100% will all in-game options at max (textures, post-processing, etc) and it runs just fine.
                      Are you sure you have the latest Via 4in1 drivers (in the Others branch)? Chipset drivers not being current can be a cause of mysterious slowdowns....

Comment

Working...
                      X