Mouse Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Adjustment

Hey all, I know thier are plenty of threads started for missing features and the like, but I thought i'd bring this to light as I haven't yet seen a thread for this.

What happened to the fully customizable mouse speed settings? Every UT up until this one had to-the-point mouse settings; ie - "2.75".

Now it's just a slide bar with basic 1 -10 settings....
    I don't know about anyone else, but this was always a major option for me (being an instagib player) to have this fine tuned to a T.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Hi mate, not sure if you know, but the beta patch adds an option to adjust the mouse to anything between 1000-2999 (I think, thats the number range).

Bye

Comment

This is fixed in beta patch 1.01: an edit box instead of a slider for mouse sensitivity.

Comment

Really? haha, now don't I feel retarded

I just applied the beta patch and I haven't been back to check.
        Thanks for the updates guys!

Comment

range is 11-9999 default 2500

Comment

So does this mean you can set your acceleration like in UT2K4? Being able to adjust the speed is one thing but I'd really like to be able to tweak the acceleration. I like having a relatively slow to medium mouse speed and a slight mouse acceleration. So when I need to I can do a quick turn but it still needs a slight force in movement to do so.

As I see it now, it's either acceleration ON or OFF.

Comment

"range is 11-9999 default 2500" wtf?
              It makes absolutely no sence for them to abandon the decimal system. I like to use odd numbers to to finely tune my sensitivity as well. Pretty sh!tty mouse support for a pc game

Comment

I believe you would be able to use the decimal system if the range is that large. Either that, or since you'd have number's as high as 2500, you can think of it like this:

2500 = 2.500

Comment

warwhore stop whoring,
                  with the actual system from 11 to 9999 you can set your mouse speed perfectly,
                  just try numbers up and down,

i could set my perfect mousespeed at 660 and now i aim perctly, its more or less what jason said

Comment

Last time I checked 2.500 < 11. So how does your logic make sence?

Comment

People typically develop proficiency at spelling before math

Comment

Originally posted by warwhore View Post
                        Look all i'm saying is that with that large a range, it should be fairly easy to find a perfect setting for everyone. Even if it isn't exactly like the classic "2.75" system we're used to seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by warwhore View Post

I use the patch and was one of those that couldn't get it right in beta demo. The sensitivity you can choose now is 11-9999 but you could probably think of it as 0.011 to 9.999 if you like using decimals.

In UT3 demo I used 1 but wanted to go lower. With patch I use 910.

Comment

if you install the beta patch it gives you a numeric option instead of a slider.

Each notch on the slider in the original game is a 500 point change. The bottom of the slider is 500. Default is 5 above that: 2500. I'm using the beta patch with a 1600DPI mouse and I have it set at 400. 400 with a standard 800DPI mouse will seem extremely slow.

Comment

Working...
                            X