Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellbender control basically ruins this vehicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by king_pariah View Post
    Am I the only one that finds the Hellbender to behave like a cheap RC car?

Why does every single bump on the ground cause the vehicle to jump up and bounce around as if it weighed nothing?

Shocks are supposed to REDUCE the impact of rough ground, not turn the Hellbender into Snoop Doggs hydraulic ghetto hummer.

Also, the steering is unresponsive and excessive...a quick tap left or right renders no result...but anything more than that causes the vehicle to completely veer full force into the nearest obstacle. Maybe these maps are too tight...but the Hellbender is completely worthless.

It should tell you something when people would rather ride their hoverboards and leave all the Hellbenders at the core.
    It was designed with controllers in mind, what do you expect. Heck I think the whole game was design with controllers in mind.

Comment

One tap of forward and your wobbling about like a fat man in jelly.

Comment

I jus loved to park the hellbender in a way that a node was visible just to the twin cannon, switch seat and start shooting. You just could do massive damage from so far!
        And if someone finds me, just get in the drivers seat and run away! Was so fun.
        Sniff, I miss you hellbender. Now its just a useless truck that takes the spawn of a fun vehicle.
        Classic Hellbender mod?

Comment

Bumping in hopes Epic sees this thread...

Comment

the classic hb not only performed better but looked better too imo, the current one looks like an over sized remote control truck lol. the 2k4 bender at least looked good, looked like an over sized beefed up hummer

but old twin breams rear turret is a must! bring it back epic

Comment

I guess Im the only one who loves the way the Hellbender controls.

Comment

Originally posted by samifira View Post
                I guess Im the only one who loves the way the Hellbender controls.
                Alongside those that use a controller.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                  Alongside those that use a controller.
                  Bist du pr0-Heuler geworden? :P

Comment

Originally posted by king_pariah View Post
                    Am I the only one that finds the Hellbender to behave like a cheap RC car?

Shocks are supposed to REDUCE the impact of rough ground, not turn the Hellbender into Snoop Doggs hydraulic ghetto hummer.

It should tell you something when people would rather ride their hoverboards and leave all the Hellbenders at the core.
                    nobody ever takes the hellbender , exept for speed , and lol nice comparison

Comment

I'm used to it now.... no more tears outta me

Sounds like the patch should improve the rear turret significantly. Now where be you, o' official patch?

Comment

Hellbender has silly controlling, I agree. But also it hasn't enought firepower. IMHO rear turret must be chargeable like in UT2004 and side turret need a bit more splash dmg.
                        I prerefed other vehicles to Hellbender in UT2004, now I completely ignore it :\

Comment

Originally posted by WGH View Post
                          ...side turret need a bit more splash dmg...
                          I definitely do not agree with that. As a static or semi-static defence, the Hellbender is overwhelming; you can spam balls into a room or down an alley and totally suppress all ground activity, including heavy vehicles (except the Leviathan, obviously, and the Dark Walker, because it's too high to hit easily). Pick up the Berserk and it becomes an unstoppable killing machine. It's only a problem when you try to drive it or use the rear turret.

Comment

I loved how the bender handles in 2k4. Controlling it now is nightmarish.

Comment

agreed

not only that but the weapons are so useless.. i know the devs wont think so, but they need to think, theyve been practicing with its weapons for a few years now.. weve just got the game and dont know any of the mechanics behind its use of movement and weapons.. so to all of us, its useless and we wont use it.. so even after years of playing this game,.. without its use.. itll still be useless..

its uses, a flag parker.. a shield.. use to run over ur teammates if ur bored.., makes cool sound when explodes.. not much.., everything else though is quite nice..

Comment

Originally posted by nvrmor View Post
                                bender drives perfectly if you use a contoller.
                                GG for consolizing it

Comment

Working...
                                X