Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellbender control basically ruins this vehicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually use the Hellbender quite a bit. It's useless for grappling but it provides a solid attack platform, I've killed three people at once with the primary fire. The only thing I could suggest is make it faster - right now towing onto it with a hoverboard is pretty much useless, otherwise it would make a great flag-capping machine if you had the two rearward-firing turrets protecting the flag carrier as you tow him behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by armagon917 View Post
      This is one of the most important things that made UT2004 vehicles so fun to use.
      I have to agree here. As much as I tried to like the vehicle gametypes... ...they aren't fun to me anymore.

Comment

At least Hellbenders controls are better than Scorpions...

Comment

Going fast in a Scorpion & turn slightly = not bad

Going fast in a Scorpion & turn hard = I can roll it quite easy.

Boosting in a Scorpion & turn slightly = not bad

Boosting in a Scorpion & turn hard = ****, I missed my street.

Please fix Scorp too Epic!

Comment

I think they tried to make it more like a 4 wheel drive and went OTT, now the front swings round like a mother****er if you try to turn.

Comment

Originally posted by nvrmor View Post
              bender drives perfectly if you use a contoller.
              Isn't this a PC game? Cmon Epic!

Comment

The Hellbender got a major downgrade, compared to 2k4s bender. The twin beams could down raptors in 2 shots back then and the skymines could rape infantry and mantas like nothing, the controls were pretty decent too.

Comment

Originally posted by FuLLBLeeD View Post
                  Isn't this a PC game?
                  the million dollar question

Comment

Originally posted by ViperGrendal View Post
                    the million dollar question
                    millions are made on consoles nowadays.

Comment

In UT2004, I loved nothing more than to drive around in a hellbender, switching from seat to seat depending on the situation. Manta on your tail? Splatter him with the twin beams.

No more twin beams = bad.
                      1 seat for driving and firing the side turret = BRILLIANT!

I can now drive while firing one of the most destructive single weapons in the game. It's perfect for certain maps, especially WAR-Downtown. Scorpions, Mantas and infantry all fall like they were made of paper before the mighty hellbender. It sounds like most of the people complaining about it's effectiveness have been playing vCTF-Suspense a little too much. It was reduced to a purely defensive weapon on that map.

Hellbender steering and handling? Terrible. But it's power makes it worth learning to drive it.

Originally posted by king_pariah View Post
                      It should tell you something when people would rather ride their hoverboards and leave all the Hellbenders at the core.
                      I love it. That way I always get it.

Comment

The shock cores are also blood slow... if this hasn't been mentioned already...

Comment

Originally posted by armagon917 View Post
                          All these complaints are a result of EPIC not polishing the game. Yeah the vehicles in general are a disappointment. How about vehicle control sens setting EPIC? The fact is this game was rushed and it shows in the number of people playing it and simple problems that were not adressed. I want the twin beams back. It took skill to hit players and was quite rewarding IMO when you gibbed someone. I also hate the fact that we are stuck with a fixed camera view on all the vehicles. The game decides for us how far we are back from the vehicle. The raptor is absolutly crappy when it comes to this. You cant see anyone below you. All you see is the top of the vehicle in this case.

I liked the option on UT2004 that you could zoom in or out using the mouse wheel. I would change my camera view on the fly depending on the situation. This is one of the most important things that made UT2004 vehicles so fun to use.
                          yeah, the hellbender and raptor are ruined. I don't even hold out hope they will ever be patched because someone, over there, actually thought this was 'right'.

Comment

Bump because Epic really needs to fix HB controls.

Comment

I approve of this topic.... Yeah, I thought the HB would have been fixed by now....

Comment

Originally posted by nvrmor View Post
                                bender drives perfectly if you use a contoller.
                                Well that does no good for approximately 95% of the folks on these forums. We use the mouse and keyboard for this and yeah it is a shame that the vehicle controls are kind of too loose in general. Of course I am not worried about this at all because one of the patches will most definitely correct this. If not then someone will make a mutator you can bet on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X