Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellbender control basically ruins this vehicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellbender control basically ruins this vehicle.

Am I the only one that finds the Hellbender to behave like a cheap RC car?

Why does every single bump on the ground cause the vehicle to jump up and bounce around as if it weighed nothing?

Shocks are supposed to REDUCE the impact of rough ground, not turn the Hellbender into Snoop Doggs hydraulic ghetto hummer.

Also, the steering is unresponsive and excessive...a quick tap left or right renders no result...but anything more than that causes the vehicle to completely veer full force into the nearest obstacle. Maybe these maps are too tight...but the Hellbender is completely worthless.

It should tell you something when people would rather ride their hoverboards and leave all the Hellbenders at the core.

Originally posted by king_pariah View Post
    Shocks are supposed to REDUCE the impact of rough ground, not turn the Hellbender into Snoop Doggs hydraulic ghetto hummer.
    lmfao

Comment

lol yeah i avoid the hellbender because getting the thing to drive in a straight line is a major challenge. They're also largely useless in battle due to the fact that you rarely pick up a passenger and there's no real precision to the main weapon.

It's one of the few vehicles you can almost always ignore in combat. It's only high point is that it carries a decent amount of armor and can survive a three-rocket salvo.

It just needs to be tweaked. :-/

Comment

Tap, use the handbrake for tight turns, and practice doing 180 degree spins.

it'll be faster after the patch and the rear turret will do more dammage. The rear turret already kills snipers with one shot. Remember to allow 3-4 seconds between turret shots to allow the thing to fully charge.

Comment

well, the Hellbender looks more like a toy car to me
          and it is hard to controll

Comment

I agree. Ball-spam is great for stationary defence, but the rear turret is useless and actually driving is erratic at best (yes, I know how to do handbrake turns in it, it's the small direction adjustments that are the problem).

Comment

bender drives perfectly if you use a contoller.

Comment

Don't use it? :shrug:

Comment

Protip: Use sharp cornering to avoid missles!

bet no one tried that befor

Comment

Its perfect for parking on the flag though

Comment

Hellbender was a great team vehicle in UT2004, but I really dislike the UT3 version. People are not using it, mainly because of the control that is way too sensitive.

a cheap RC car... yeah, perfect definition for it.

Comment

My problem with the vehicle is it's so slow. When it's moving it looks like an old person or student driver is behind the wheel. The controls and the weapons aren't very good, I rather take my chance without a vehicle then waste my time getting into this. If you cross any major section with bots it seems like an instant kill for them (unless you're playing on a low bot skill setting.) Seems like most of the games I play no one touches it or the scorpion really other than to eject quick, which is silly that's all the vehicles really good for. If you want hit and runs on players the manta's way quicker and better and has tighter controls.

Protip: use other vehicles or guns to own people and don't waste time on the hellbender.

Comment

I just use it to drive across the bridge and spam balls. Its pretty useless. But its quite nice for destroying nodes when you dont want to waste you normal weapons ammo :P

Comment

All these complaints are a result of EPIC not polishing the game. Yeah the vehicles in general are a disappointment. How about vehicle control sens setting EPIC? The fact is this game was rushed and it shows in the number of people playing it and simple problems that were not adressed. I want the twin beams back. It took skill to hit players and was quite rewarding IMO when you gibbed someone. I also hate the fact that we are stuck with a fixed camera view on all the vehicles. The game decides for us how far we are back from the vehicle. The raptor is absolutly crappy when it comes to this. You cant see anyone below you. All you see is the top of the vehicle in this case.

I liked the option on UT2004 that you could zoom in or out using the mouse wheel. I would change my camera view on the fly depending on the situation. This is one of the most important things that made UT2004 vehicles so fun to use.

Comment

Originally posted by armagon917 View Post
                              I want the twin beams back. It took skill to hit players and was quite rewarding IMO when you gibbed someone. I also hate the fact that we are stuck with a fixed camera view on all the vehicles. The game decides for us how far we are back from the vehicle. The raptor is absolutly crappy when it comes to this. You cant see anyone below you. All you see is the top of the vehicle in this case.

I liked the option on UT2004 that you could zoom in or out using the mouse wheel. I would change my camera view on the fly depending on the situation. This is one of the most important things that made UT2004 vehicles so fun to use.
                              +1 million

Comment

Working...
                              X