Removing the Fog/Blur/Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the Fog/Blur/Distortion

I am running the game at max settings with high FPS and the UT3 maps overall look great! But some maps, like the beatiful DM-ShangriLa, seem a bit blurry. It's like the map is fogged/blurred/misted/slightly distorted.

I would like to know what I can tweak to get the map looking crisp and clean(er). I've read other posts that describle how to take away a slew of graphical options, yet that is not what I want. I don't want to lose any other animations, effects, weapon tracers etc. Just the blur! Nothing more!

Curous, is there a way to do this? And if so, will anything else be lost in the process?

Thank you in advance!

http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_1.html

Comment

I can't believe people keep bringing this up. I find the blur one of the most beautiful effects of the game. Every time you cross a portal or go through some crazy elevator the effects kick up and add something to the game.
      I especially like the effects in DM-Gateway and Deimos.

Comment

Also Shangrila blur was overdone in the demo but toned down in the final release.

AFAIK you can't remove the distance blur without removing all the ambient light effects and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
          Also Shangrila blur was overdone in the demo but toned down in the final release.

AFAIK you can't remove the distance blur without removing all the ambient light effects and such.
          Yet. IIRC that was one of the changes in the 1.01 beta.

Comment

To the first two posters--(1) I've already read that tweakguide, and (2) I stated that I didn't want to lose any other effects (like when you go through a portal). I just want things to look clearer that all, without losing any special effects whatsoever.

Thanks to those who posted constructively. It sounds like what I'm looking for can't be done (yet)... I'll keep my eye out on the release notes on the upcoming patch.

Comment

Working...
            X