Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone found out how to bind suicide to a key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone found out how to bind suicide to a key?

I tried binding it to a key. I used this and it did not work.

Bindings=(Name="J",Command="suicide",Control=False ,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Anyone tell me why that wouldn't work? Has anyone have working binds, please share.

I've successfully bound commands from the console by typing something more like,

setbind j suicide

For some reason, whether I use the console or alter the ini files directly, it gets undone every time I start the game, so it has to be rebound each time.

Comment

You guys, the game is not that bad. Please... Think about it before you commit suicide.

Comment

Code:
        Bindings=(Name="J",Command="suicide")
        put that under Engine.PlayerInput and UTGame.UTPlayerInput in your UTInput.ini file and make sure it's the ini file under My Documents > My games, not the actual ini file where the game was installed, that is just for defaults.

I have working binds and they don't reset when I close the game.

Comment

Replace all the stock music with Emo OGG's. Then /wrists

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
            Code:
            Bindings=(Name="J",Command="suicide")
            put that under Engine.PlayerInput and UTGame.UTPlayerInput in your UTInput.ini file and make sure it's the ini file under My Documents > My games, not the actual ini file where the game was installed, that is just for defaults.

I have working binds and they don't reset when I close the game.
            Huh, I wonder what's wrong with my system, then. Mine always reset, and I've tried adding them both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Vzur View Post
              Huh, I wonder what's wrong with my system, then. Mine always reset, and I've tried adding them both ways.
              Did you create a profile and log in? Or are you playing offline?

Settings will only get remembered in the first case; that's one of the things they fixed for the 1.01 beta...

Comment

I can't set binds with the beta patch; they will work but when you restart they will be gone. I'm not sure if it's an original flaw in the game or if it's a flaw in the beta patch, but either way I'm hoping it's fixed with the 1.01 final patch.

Comment

Yeah, I always login because of that nonsense. Is it supposed to be piracy protection? Still, I have to rebind everything, but oddly enough, it does save my console history, so it's easier than retyping every time.

(re: above post - I'm not using the beta patch...)

Comment

Working...
                  X