Making custom bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making custom bots

I want to make some of my own bots, with my own defined looks and stats, etc., but Epic left us without the ability to do this in-game. Does anyone know how to set this up, where to place the new .ini?

They might have left it completely out this time because there's so many variables controlling bot AI now that it's just not practical to add them in-game.

Comment

Originally posted by xtruder View Post
      They might have left it completely out this time because there's so many variables controlling bot AI now that it's just not practical to add them in-game.
      It would just be a matter of selecting looks and stats. If you take a look at the UTCustomCharacter.ini, it lists all the bots and their variables there. I can just copy a few lines, and change them to what I want, but I don't know where to put the new ini, what to name it, if I need all the customchar_data in the beginning of the file, things like that. I don't want to just edit the default file.

Comment

Agh, can no one help me?

Comment

sry buddy =d

Comment

Go to the custom character ini file, in your my documents\my games\ut3\config directory. You can see all the bots there, and their stats, and pretty sure you can add to the list, too.

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
            It would just be a matter of selecting looks and stats. If you take a look at the UTCustomCharacter.ini, it lists all the bots and their variables there. I can just copy a few lines, and change them to what I want, but I don't know where to put the new ini, what to name it, if I need all the customchar_data in the beginning of the file, things like that. I don't want to just edit the default file.
            I don't understand. You can make a backup of the ini file, if you're afraid of screwing it up, but I think that's the only file the game looks at for its bots, so you'd have to change it, not make a new ini file. Unless you create a mod that points to a different file, but that seems unnecessarily complicated to me, unless you want to share the bots with other players.

Comment

Well, I assume the devs took into account that people will be making custom player models, and would want bots based on those. Surely they don't expect people to download models, and then have to write bots into that file. I mean, yeah, UT3 has taken a step or two back in many ways, but they're not going to kick us that much, are they? I'd rather just make new bots using the format of a custom model, I want to keep it all "clean."

Comment

I'm hoping they build the options into the UI, but for now, yeah, I think it needs to be messily hacked in :/

Comment

Working...
                X