Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will flak alt fire be fixed in an upcoming patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I don't know, it felt different the first few days of the demo and I got used to it. Haven't even really thought about it since other than when I see complaining on the forums about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello

The ut2004 flak had a wider span didn't it, I liked that better. Then how tight it is in ut3, seems alot tighter atleast.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vzur View Post
    Isn't the location where an arc trajectory hits dependent on height and distance? The arc surely falls in an intersecting path through the crosshair at some point, given enough space. Should the crosshair do a prediction, based on where you're aiming, and move around the floor and walls accordingly?
    The arc should start where you have the crosshair aimed. Otherwise the crosshair is useless.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Isn't the location where an arc trajectory hits dependent on height and distance? The arc surely falls in an intersecting path through the crosshair at some point, given enough space. Should the crosshair do a prediction, based on where you're aiming, and move around the floor and walls accordingly?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The flak has always had an arc in every UT, this one is just more prominent. Quite whining and learn it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is changed.
    The secondary on flak is different from the demo on the patch 1.01.
    The bullet go straigh to front, and the arch is smaller.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not a bug it's just a change.

It's also the most unpopular change in the game so far, apart from the UI.

Thus, I hope they do sort it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Reise View Post
    New flak secondary trajectory doesn't bother me. You just have to aim a little lower at close range. And you can make some mega long range hits with it too.
    Not just a little lower, you have to aim at your own feet to stand a chance at hitting someone close, but then you can't see them because your feet are filling your view.

You could send it just as far if it launched straight, you would just have to aim up at 45 degrees for maximum range, instead of only slightly up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ?Huh im sure i saw flak trajectory on that list, must have mixed up discussions here and the changelog. Well anyway, it will still be a big improvement, weird flak or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chromatik View Post
    I've gotten much better with it, but it still doesn't feel right when using it
    Exactly the same thing for me. I'm much better with it than at first but it still feels weird to me. When I went back on UT2004 to play 1 round, I was like "HOOOLYY SH*T!", it was 10x easier to use.

Originally posted by Therealjoe View Post
    I cant wait for this patch.
    I hope this patch is released by the end of the week.
    When does everyone think it will be released?
    I'm pretty sure that the Beta 1.1 patch that you can easily find on Internet, doesn't include all the things written in the changelog, so perhaps they either again lied to us or they just did a few for the first beta patch and the rest will be in 1.1 final. Still, there is plenty of things that needs to be fixed, balanced and added so they must keep working after releasing that patch instead of thinking they've done what they had to do and stop working on UT3 forever.

I'd say 2 weeks knowing Epic...

Originally posted by M4d.H4tt3r View Post
    uhhh, am I blind or is there nothing on that list about flak trajectory?
    You're not blind, there really is nothing about it on the patch log...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fartingbob View Post
    http://www.unrealaddicts.com/forums/...changelog.html

Ive seen it on quite a few other reputable sites as well. If they fix all those things they've gone a long way to making this game what it should have been on release.
    It says this fix is for the beta. BTW is this Changelog official?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New flak secondary trajectory doesn't bother me. You just have to aim a little lower at close range. And you can make some mega long range hits with it too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    uhhh, am I blind or is there nothing on that list about flak trajectory?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think it's broken, they just made it this way on purpose, even if people don't like it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.unrealaddicts.com/forums/...changelog.html

Ive seen it on quite a few other reputable sites as well. If they fix all those things they've gone a long way to making this game what it should have been on release.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X