Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will flak alt fire be fixed in an upcoming patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really wonder why the altered the Flak like that. Everything else performs like all the past UTs...:|

Comment

WTF. How is this even threadworthy? Get used to the weapon, it's NOT broken.

Comment

This patch will be sweet. The flack is just Way off atm. I can nail people in the FACE with the alt on all the previous UTs, use it and know pretty much where it will land with 90% certainty.

With this one *shrugs* My favorate weapon in the game is somewhat broken.

Comment

UT3 beta patch 2 changelog was announced. even more great updates. looks like epic is on the ball....or rocketlauncher.... heh anyway...yay custom crosshairs!

Comment

Originally posted by Nintakuhunter View Post
            This patch will be sweet. The flack is just Way off atm. I can nail people in the FACE with the alt on all the previous UTs, use it and know pretty much where it will land with 90% certainty.

With this one *shrugs* My favorate weapon in the game is somewhat broken.
            Just aim at your own feet and you hit the opponent 10 yards away right in the face.

Comment

when you have to aim straight down to shoot someone, it's broken. I've played UT since the first Unreal, and I know broken when I see broken. Flak alt is broken

Comment

i hope it gets fix cuz is kind of dumb that you have to aim down to hit someone in front of you

Comment

it should be same as bio rifle alt fire tbh
                  bio rifle alt fire is far more acurate to

Comment

Originally posted by dfm69 View Post
                    when you have to aim straight down to shoot someone, it's broken. I've played UT since the first Unreal, and I know broken when I see broken. Flak alt is broken
                    It doesn't annoy me but I did notice that I had to look at the ground in order to hit people in front of me. That is rather stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by zer0kewl View Post
                      it should be same as bio rifle alt fire tbh
                      bio rifle alt fire is far more acurate to
                      Good point. Bio alt fire is also an arc, (although not as pronounced) but unlike flak it seems to originate from the area of the crosshair.

Comment

Bio alt seems way more accurate than flak alt for sure. Flak alt suddently needs alot of skill lol. Flak surely is off aim - using the crosshair. Hope it gets fixed. Flak is almost useless, almost. Or I need skill lol

Comment

Cmooon patch btw !! Its weekend !! We need it now !!

Comment

Yeah... I am also of the opinion that aiming straight down to hit the guy out in front of you really makes no sense.

To Epic's credit, the overall weapon balance of UT3 is very good. I think that is one of the reasons that the screwed firing trajectory on the flak secondary sticks out so much: Everything else is at, or at least very close to where it should be.

Comment

Flak secondary is useless if not because of the arc then defenitly because the simple fact that its so slow and even once you do hit unless its a direct hit in the face then the damage is really low.

Make the arc lower, splash-range should be bigger, and i would say that making the ball a bit faster would be good too.

There is simply no reason to choose the flak over the rocket launcher right now, even the primary fire should be faster and less spready imo.

Comment

Flak is fine, Learn2play.

Comment

Working...
                                X