Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will flak alt fire be fixed in an upcoming patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reise View Post
    New flak secondary trajectory doesn't bother me. You just have to aim a little lower at close range. And you can make some mega long range hits with it too.
    Not just a little lower, you have to aim at your own feet to stand a chance at hitting someone close, but then you can't see them because your feet are filling your view.

You could send it just as far if it launched straight, you would just have to aim up at 45 degrees for maximum range, instead of only slightly up.

Comment

It's not a bug it's just a change.

It's also the most unpopular change in the game so far, apart from the UI.

Thus, I hope they do sort it out.

Comment

It is changed.
        The secondary on flak is different from the demo on the patch 1.01.
        The bullet go straigh to front, and the arch is smaller.

Comment

The flak has always had an arc in every UT, this one is just more prominent. Quite whining and learn it.

Comment

Isn't the location where an arc trajectory hits dependent on height and distance? The arc surely falls in an intersecting path through the crosshair at some point, given enough space. Should the crosshair do a prediction, based on where you're aiming, and move around the floor and walls accordingly?

Comment

Originally posted by Vzur View Post
              Isn't the location where an arc trajectory hits dependent on height and distance? The arc surely falls in an intersecting path through the crosshair at some point, given enough space. Should the crosshair do a prediction, based on where you're aiming, and move around the floor and walls accordingly?
              The arc should start where you have the crosshair aimed. Otherwise the crosshair is useless.

Comment

Hello

The ut2004 flak had a wider span didn't it, I liked that better. Then how tight it is in ut3, seems alot tighter atleast.

Comment

I don't know, it felt different the first few days of the demo and I got used to it. Haven't even really thought about it since other than when I see complaining on the forums about it.

Comment

Hello

The regular fire flack seems the same tighter and not spread enough flak. In ut2004 it seemed more wide or something, I am not complaining just saying.

Comment

I haven't noticed any flak trajectory changes in 1.01 beta.

Comment

Who shoots the Flak alt fire up close anyways? That's suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                          I haven't noticed any flak trajectory changes in 1.01 beta.
                          agreed. i fig they would do alot in a beta patch but nothing like that. changing (perceived) player height is one thing, changing the behavior of a weapon is another. if they do change it, expect it in a later patch...

...here's hoping too. i can use the new one just fine, but i also agree with chromatik, it still doesn't feel right when using it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZDragon View Post
                            I totally agree. The current way of bouncing up is like the high beacon trajectory translocators in UT2k4. And what might make some sense for translocs definitely makes the Flak secondary fire totally useless.
                            I agree completely as well, I NEVER used the high trajectory for trans, and I hate it in the flak here.

Comment

I thought the flak trajectory was really whack in the demo. I believe it was reduced a little for the full version. I'm too lazy to check the demo to be positive, but I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FolkUT View Post
                                The arc should start where you have the crosshair aimed. Otherwise the crosshair is useless.
                                That's an interesting idea, it'd mean that it would only be on target point-blank, which you'd never want to do.

However, what makes it interesting would be if it did fire straight out, and then fall to the ground, in an arc that started as horizontal - sounds terrible, except that it would be more in the player's control - you'd have to aim up to hit anything at a good distance, like a mortar. Probably annoying at first, but might actually be more intuitive, once players got used to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X