Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will flak alt fire be fixed in an upcoming patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will flak alt fire be fixed in an upcoming patch?

The beginning trajectory path on the flak cannon's alt fire has absolutely no relationship to the crosshair, unless you consider "some distance above the crosshair" to be a relationship. If you're aiming at something up close then you have to point the crosshair well below your target.

I've gotten much better with it, but it still doesn't feel right when using it

Comment

According to changelogs floating around, yes it will be changed a bit. I just hope we wont be waiting much longer for the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fartingbob View Post
        According to changelogs floating around, yes it will be changed a bit.
        Link please?

Comment

I totally agree. The current way of bouncing up is like the high beacon trajectory translocators in UT2k4. And what might make some sense for translocs definitely makes the Flak secondary fire totally useless.

Comment

i take it it's diff than the v1.1 patch changelog? me want "┬┐new?" changelog. link maybe?

Comment

I cant wait for this patch.

I hope this patch is released by the end of the week.

When does everyone think it will be released?

Comment

i hope they will fix this too!

Comment

http://www.unrealaddicts.com/forums/...changelog.html

Ive seen it on quite a few other reputable sites as well. If they fix all those things they've gone a long way to making this game what it should have been on release.

Comment

I don't think it's broken, they just made it this way on purpose, even if people don't like it.

Comment

uhhh, am I blind or is there nothing on that list about flak trajectory?

Comment

New flak secondary trajectory doesn't bother me. You just have to aim a little lower at close range. And you can make some mega long range hits with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fartingbob View Post
                          http://www.unrealaddicts.com/forums/...changelog.html

Ive seen it on quite a few other reputable sites as well. If they fix all those things they've gone a long way to making this game what it should have been on release.
                          It says this fix is for the beta. BTW is this Changelog official?

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatik View Post
                            I've gotten much better with it, but it still doesn't feel right when using it
                            Exactly the same thing for me. I'm much better with it than at first but it still feels weird to me. When I went back on UT2004 to play 1 round, I was like "HOOOLYY SH*T!", it was 10x easier to use.

Originally posted by Therealjoe View Post
                            I cant wait for this patch.
                            I hope this patch is released by the end of the week.
                            When does everyone think it will be released?
                            I'm pretty sure that the Beta 1.1 patch that you can easily find on Internet, doesn't include all the things written in the changelog, so perhaps they either again lied to us or they just did a few for the first beta patch and the rest will be in 1.1 final. Still, there is plenty of things that needs to be fixed, balanced and added so they must keep working after releasing that patch instead of thinking they've done what they had to do and stop working on UT3 forever.

I'd say 2 weeks knowing Epic...

Originally posted by M4d.H4tt3r View Post
                            uhhh, am I blind or is there nothing on that list about flak trajectory?
                            You're not blind, there really is nothing about it on the patch log...

Comment

?Huh im sure i saw flak trajectory on that list, must have mixed up discussions here and the changelog. Well anyway, it will still be a big improvement, weird flak or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X