Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bNoMatureLanguage=True is not working (i.e.-it doesn't filter foul language)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    Holy ****. Is it so bad if someone just prefers to not hear cursing? If you prefer not to eat dog poop and then someone feeds it to you, are you just supposed to munch on it because they offered it to you? Geez.

Spoudazo, there are two options in the ini related to mature taunts. Did you try switching them both?
    I'll try that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ......I guess Epic aren't big fans of The Departed. That's a shame.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xi0s View Post
    True, but if the parent does buy it for them, and they start hearing all kinds of cussing repeatedly on their speakers, maybe they'll get upset about it and want to return the game. Thats where the kid can step in and say 'hey i can turn that off.'
    That's fine. I don't care if people want to turn any options off. Perhaps the game should have another version for "parents who buy stuff for their underage kids but get deeply offended by words". My annoyance comes from the fact that there's nothing to turn off or on anyway. The bNoMatureLanguage setting is useless and UT3 has been limited in this respect. It seems that Epic tried to tone it down, but failed. Either take all of it out, or leave it all in with the option of doing either of those. They decided to replace the taunts with baby talk and now we're stuck with "F yeah" and "You'll feel the impact of that one in a moment!"

This leads me back to my previous question, which isn't Epic's doing anyway: Why is it rated 18 with the removal of things, when UT2004 was only rated 16 with all the insults and gore left in it? I suppose we'll have to leave it as a guess that the board of moderators were feeling extra sententious when they got round to UT3...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fif View Post
    First of all, parents shouldn't be buying games for their children if they don't think they can handle it.
    True, but if the parent does buy it for them, and they start hearing all kinds of cussing repeatedly on their speakers, maybe they'll get upset about it and want to return the game. Thats where the kid can step in and say 'hey i can turn that off.'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like a working option for this as well. I hear enough cursing in everyday life. I don't want to have to listen to it at home in a game I'm playing for fun. Voiceovers in general I like, but I don't want to listen to the cursing as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy ****. Is it so bad if someone just prefers to not hear cursing? If you prefer not to eat dog poop and then someone feeds it to you, are you just supposed to munch on it because they offered it to you? Geez.

I would also like the option for off or on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyWakko View Post
    Really? You sure? I will never play the single player so I guess I should take back what I said IF that is the case.

Then why they eff didn't they including it in the effing taunts? Urine weak!
    It's there once.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Reise View Post
    I think I heard the F-word once in the campaign.

Really? You sure? I will never play the single player so I guess I should take back what I said IF that is the case.

Then why in coitus didn't they including it in the copulating taunts? Urineweak!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I heard the F-word once in the campaign.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy ****. Is it so bad if someone just prefers to not hear cursing?
    No, its not so bad, because there isn't any cursing or foul langauge to start with. There is nothing to turn off, I think that's what people are EFFing talking about.

Can someone point out the profanities, or the cursing that even comes close to offensive?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
    And it always had a way to turn it off, no? I usually turned taunts off, not because profanity bothers me, but because they way they used it made everyone sound like low-brow, base-minded morons. I wished they would have thought of a more creative way to use profanity.
    good point...

Leave a comment:

• replied

Spoudazo, there are two options in the ini related to mature taunts. Did you try switching them both?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
    ut has ALWAYS contained cursing.
    And it always had a way to turn it off, no? I usually turned taunts off, not because profanity bothers me, but because they way they used it made everyone sound like low-brow, base-minded morons. I wished they would have thought of a more creative way to use profanity.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ut has ALWAYS contained cursing. i mean, look at ut 99:

-> die b_ch
    -> you w_re
    -> su_ on that! (it went something like taht)

ut 2004:

-> w_re
    -> die b_ch
    -> you'll feel taht 1!

no matter what you do, ut has been a violent, curse filled game. the only thing taht WILL happen is the cursing will get better/lamer, as has been demonstarted with ut 3.

dont lik cursing? go play Quake

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
    Most of the people I know do not curse around me, and if they do, usually apologize if they know me.
    My friends curse once in the while, but they don't offend anyone. Anyways, Epic could fix bnomaturelanguage, but if the take the mature language out, UT III will suck donkey balls. It won't seem like your enemies are your enemies and it'll be boring without the "F Yeah!" once in a while.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X