Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bNoMatureLanguage=True is not working (i.e.-it doesn't filter foul language)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
    i mean, come on! the taunts both sound and feel weak
    +1

    Comment


      #17
      Stop with the patronising remarks against people who want to turn off the swearing. It's their choice, and it should be an option. That's all there is to it.

      Personally I'd prefer a bit more Sopranos speak - I like the adult language.

      But that doesn't carry more weight than those who don't.

      Comment


        #18
        The fact that there is no way of making the mature language = true work like I would think it works in mp, boggles my mind.

        I'm sure plenty of parents don't approve of cursing and thats why the mature language is off by default. Nothing wrong there.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
          I guess when you were a kid and playing with your G.I-Joes blowing up the enemy bases, the GI-Joe should have cursed as well? It's very simple, 3d polygonal objects is just a line of binary code, or in the 3d world, just a bunch of triangles computed by the GPU.

          However, language isn't made up. How about if the character started cursing your parents, or a loved one? It's just no funny.
          Hahaha, the person who decided to say that is also a line of binary code. So then, the foul language isn't real. The people in UT III aren't real, okay? Also, Killing is way more offensive than foul language, so don't play.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by xi0s View Post
            I'm sure plenty of parents don't approve of cursing and thats why the mature language is off by default. Nothing wrong there.
            First of all, parents shouldn't be buying games for their children if they don't think they can handle it.
            Secondly, my version is rated 18+ (18 = not a child anymore) and yet there's next to nothing in here to censor. I wouldn't be perplexed with this rating if I could actually turn on "18+" taunts but I can't seem to find anything. So I have to ask...why is it rated so highly if there's only a couple of "****s" from Malcolm? That's usually only a 12/15 rating here at the most.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Sterling View Post
              I agree. There is filth such as: "F yeah!" "Aw smack!" and "You'll feel the impact of that one in a moment!".

              When I heard those I was horrified. I want to be able to rip people to shreds with shards of metal and blow them to bits with rockets without such horrid filth in my game.
              What we really need is a retarded language filter. "F yeah!"? Seriously?

              Comment


                #22
                Some people aren't thinking correctly.

                You should a "shock rifle" at a robobt, and the robot explodes, yet you're fine, your monitor didn't blow up.

                However, you hear robot or person curse and curse word is echoed out of the speakers through the room, THEN that does effect you, as you don't want to hear it, nor does anyone else in the room. If you want uber-foul language, go play one of the loads of games that have much worse language.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
                  Some people aren't thinking correctly.

                  You should a "shock rifle" at a robobt, and the robot explodes, yet you're fine, your monitor didn't blow up.

                  However, you hear robot or person curse and curse word is echoed out of the speakers through the room, THEN that does effect you, as you don't want to hear it, nor does anyone else in the room. If you want uber-foul language, go play one of the loads of games that have much worse language.
                  People might see the dead body or gibs on your screen and get offended. Pwned!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by EddyVercetti View Post
                    People might see the dead body or gibs on your screen and get offended. Pwned!
                    Only if they were extremely prudish like the OP.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by EddyVercetti View Post
                      People might see the dead body or gibs on your screen and get offended. Pwned!
                      +1

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by fif View Post
                        Only if they were extremely prudish like the OP.
                        +1

                        (sory to double post. just trying to aknolege this)

                        Comment


                          #27
                          By the way, foul language is in everyday life. This first grade girl kept fingering me and telling me to ƒ__k off, so I told her to watch her ƒ__king language.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by EddyVercetti View Post
                            By the way, foul language is in everyday life. This first grade girl kept fingering me and telling me to ƒ__k off, so I told her to watch her ƒ__king language.
                            Most of the people I know do not curse around me, and if they do, usually apologize if they know me.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
                              Most of the people I know do not curse around me, and if they do, usually apologize if they know me.
                              My friends curse once in the while, but they don't offend anyone. Anyways, Epic could fix bnomaturelanguage, but if the take the mature language out, UT III will suck donkey balls. It won't seem like your enemies are your enemies and it'll be boring without the "F Yeah!" once in a while.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                ut has ALWAYS contained cursing. i mean, look at ut 99:

                                -> die b_ch
                                -> you w_re
                                -> su_ on that! (it went something like taht)

                                ut 2004:

                                -> w_re
                                -> die b_ch
                                -> you'll feel taht 1!

                                no matter what you do, ut has been a violent, curse filled game. the only thing taht WILL happen is the cursing will get better/lamer, as has been demonstarted with ut 3.

                                dont lik cursing? go play Quake

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X