Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bNoMatureLanguage=True is not working (i.e.-it doesn't filter foul language)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bNoMatureLanguage=True is not working (i.e.-it doesn't filter foul language)

Ok, reduce gore does work most, however, "bNoMatureLanguage=True" in the UTgame config is not working.

Is this going to be fixed? All previous UT games had this option.

...There is almost no foul language anyway. Why is that? Makes me feel like this games isn't that mature.

Comment

I guess you have played the singleplayer campaign.

"_____ yeah"

<insert perverse comment from Othello here>

female dog, etc.

Comment

Who the hell let Professor Prude on here?

Comment

I agree. There is filth such as: "F yeah!" "Aw smack!" and "You'll feel the impact of that one in a moment!".

When I heard those I was horrified. I want to be able to rip people to shreds with shards of metal and blow them to bits with rockets without such horrid filth in my game.

Comment

i was always surprised when some one is worried about game "language" when to put it frank, the object of the game is to kill kill kill.

how can some one be like omg the game said "A$$", and then turn right around and try there hardest to kill people, blow them up any way possible, run them over, and mutilate them...

confusing indeed

Comment

Thou shalt not relativize.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
                ...There is almost no foul language anyway. Why is that? Makes me feel like this games isn't that mature.
                +1. The game feels like a game for 13+ people. I would have expected MUCH MORE gore and "foul language"...

Comment

I guess when you were a kid and playing with your G.I-Joes blowing up the enemy bases, the GI-Joe should have cursed as well? It's very simple, 3d polygonal objects is just a line of binary code, or in the 3d world, just a bunch of triangles computed by the GPU.

However, language isn't made up. How about if the character started cursing your parents, or a loved one? It's just no funny.

Comment

dont criticize, just help.

Some "cool" parents like playing games with their kids. However, they dont want their kids tossing around swear words or sexual innuendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      i was always surprised when some one is worried about game "language" when to put it frank, the object of the game is to kill kill kill.

how can some one be like omg the game said "A$$", and then turn right around and try there hardest to kill people, blow them up any way possible, run them over, and mutilate them...

confusing indeed

Not so confusing, yes you are blowing people up in the game but are you really hurting anybody? No not really, it's all fake. However the difference between cusing in game is hardly any different then actually cussing, there is a HUGE difference between killing someone in game and actually killing someone.

I don't see why you seem to have a problem with them enabling an option to disable the launguage, they had it in UT2k4 and it actually worked.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
                        Not so confusing, yes you are blowing people up in the game but are you really hurting anybody? No not really, it's all fake. However the difference between cusing in game is hardly any different then actually cussing, there is a HUGE difference between killing someone in game and actually killing someone.
                        actually what you just said contradicted you self, if you going to make a point of killing in the game is dif than killing in real life, than cursing in the game is dif than cursing in real life. just because malcom goes f yeah, doesn't mean you have to go f yeah in real life either, just like you killing some in the the game doesn't mean you have to go out and kill some one in real life either.

bottom line is the game is rated M for a reason, i actually am surprised by the LACK of more "adult oriented language" now of course im not saying maybe they shouldn't have the option to turn such things off. because they probably should have an option, just like they should have alot of options that has been left out or neglected in the game so far, hopefully all will be fixed within a few patches.

i was just making a point as to the "language of the game" is the least of your worries when it comes to unreal tournament if you are trying to censor some one or something. when i think about it, it kind of reminds me of saying i wish to censor a *****...sure you can take the cursing out, but thats not the real beast of the "problem" or "adult/M" rating. its the actual content of the product and what you are visually seeing and doing.

in the mean time try turning off all auto taunts, it should limit or totally eliminate anything you are trying to censor.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
                          I guess when you were a kid and playing with your G.I-Joes blowing up the enemy bases, the GI-Joe should have cursed as well? It's very simple, 3d polygonal objects is just a line of binary code, or in the 3d world, just a bunch of triangles computed by the GPU.

However, language isn't made up. How about if the character started cursing your parents, or a loved one? It's just no funny.

I wouldn't care, because my loved ones wouldn't either. That's one of the reasons why they're my loved ones. They know how to handle themselves, and don't shy away from a little trash talk, especially not when it's hurled at them by a bunch of pixels. They are intelligent people, so they can understand that given the context in which these "insults" are made, they're really not all that bad, and actually rather funny.

But then again, not everyone has that sense of realism. I think it's good that the game contains an adult filter. After all, wouldn't want some narrow-minded bible-thumper to show up and blame video games for the fact that his precious child started imitating this "sinful" (LOL) language. At least that way they have no excuse for evading their responsibilities as a parent to teach their kids how to handle themselves in this world.

Comment

what you could do for now is go into the audio options and turn off the speach untill you find something in the ini to fix it.

Comment

im horrified by the age group its desinged for... it sounds like it was designed to be "kids safe" for me (a 13 year old). i mean, for the sake of cursing, why cant they do what i did with every other ut game?

-> give it some sick-a$$ taunts couted with cursing and rate it m-15 (17 yrs older)
                              -> then i pay some homless guy to buy it for me

i mean, come on! the taunts both sound and feel weak

Comment

Working...
                              X