Offline player name problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline player name problem

Hi, on my work machine we are behind a firewall and the techs won't open a port for UT, so i cant login or create a profile. How do i give my player a name if i am in this situation as all i can do is play offline with my name as "Player". which is really annoying. also when the mac version comes out there will be a few of use playing on our LAN network and as you can imagine if we all have the name "Player" it could get a bit confusing.
    I suppose this applies to people who want to play but are not connected to the net.
    Any help please.
    I did try changing my name in the engine.ini file but is there a specific way to do this?

cheers

Type "name xxx" in the console.

Comment

ok i'll give that a try, but that will need to be done each time.
      it would be nice if once you have set your character you can have your name without needing to be online.

Comment

The techs at your work won't open ports for UT? OMG!

Comment

yeah, i know, unbeleivable, well they're not actually here, off site but.... and we have a sweet fast line too.

Comment

You play UT3 on your work PCs? My work PC would barely manage UT99!

Comment

They also need to fix it so your settings actually STICK once you set them in Offline Mode. They only stay in Online Mode (I looked in the UTGame.ini file). This is also why you are just called "Player" in Offline as well.

Comment

yeah thats what i mean.

and i play it on my 8core Xeon 3ghz mac, 6gb ram, 7300gt in bootcap running windows xp. runs sweet shame i can't get a better vid card to really let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by TPSFan View Post
                  They also need to fix it so your settings actually STICK once you set them in Offline Mode. They only stay in Online Mode (I looked in the UTGame.ini file). This is also why you are just called "Player" in Offline as well.
                  Think the beta patch changelog says this is being fixed.

In the meantime, you could try editting the name field in your default ini file?
                  C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini

Comment

Originally posted by LordLuzifer View Post
                    Type "name xxx" in the console.
                    Doesn't work for me

Comment

I have exactly the same problem, the console or file editing didn't work, got v 2.0 if that makes any difference

Found on another thread it i s "setname xxx"

Comment

Working...
                      X