Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do ppl say there`s not much in ut3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
    I was hoping for something new that I hadn't played before. The only thing that seems new to me is the set of six necris vehicles.
    Your reason is why I didn't like this game at first. I still don't like it more than 2K4 and UT99, but its. . . ok at the very least. This is still the main beef I have with this game. I felt horridly ripped off when I played it after buying the editor's edition, but at least I get an engine to play with when I'm bored.

There's nothing new, save for a few extra vehicles and a hoverboard--which could be easily modded into a Ref-board and have a Eureka Seven based mod where maps are taking place high in the sky, though naturally it'd be harder to knock them off and they'd just jump back on and be able to use weapons--and substituting a few weapons here and there for others.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by booshack View Post
    Seriously, the maps appearing dull is probably the last reason anyone would dislike UT3. You mention DM-Gateway, perhaps the worst flowing map in the game. Really, perhaps you shouldn't try to come off as some sort of UT veteran if all you are complaining about is the lack of gimmicky movement and gimmicky visuals (the latter of which you will find in many UT3 maps anyway).

QFT - Gateway is about as gimmicky as it gets and certainly one of the worst maps in the game... it's reminiscent of most UT2004 maps: nice to look at, horrid to play. In terms of map layout and pure gameplay, the UT3 map selection is awesome, almost on par with UT... thus far superior to UT2003 and 4.

That said, I do agree that a some UT3 maps, particularly DeathMatch/vCTF maps, don't always look as great. Some have fairly bland texturing going on, but this never really detracts from the gameplay - and awesome flow of the maps. I'd rather play on an uglier map then one that doesn't allow you to move properly... although nearly all UT3 maps are both prettier and feature better flow than just about any UT2004 map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm happy with the amount of maps.

What I don't though, is that if people think there are too little maps, then why do they play the same maps over and over again on the servers? I'm sick of Torlan. It seems that even if there was a hundred maps, people will still play the same maps over and over again.

Reminds me of Karkand in BF2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    So yeah when you look at UT3 and see that it shipped with 40 maps, 6 gametypes, and 11 mutators then you have to be fair and applaud Epic for doing such a good job at upping the ante in a considerable fashion. So this is definitely one less thing people should complain about.
    +1

I would expect we'll see much more in bonus packs. Given the complexity of the new Unreal engine, I've been thinking lately that it's actually a good strategy not to include too many options and extra mutators because the game really has to be released before it can be perfected. There are too many different system configurations that people are using for it to possibly work for everyone on the first time out. Hardware, OS's and drivers have advanced tremendously since the last Unreal engine. It has to be released to be refined, and more game options and game types would have (a) lengthened the time before it could be released and (B) increased the likelihood of more problems.

Overall, I'd say this was a great release all things considered (well, except for the rather useless single-player campaign, but they have to include that and I'm glad that they didn't devote more time to it. lol).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya there's not enough maps and most warfare are similar. To me there's not 4 torlan, there's just 1 so they won't trick me by saying there's like 20 warfare maps...

There is also just 1 decent Duel map, WTF!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was hoping for something new that I hadn't played before. The only thing that seems new to me is the set of six necris vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    were getting way more maps than the average game, but ut isnt an average game! ive got no beef with the maps, ill give it a month before we get double the maps from the community, and i dont really care about the menus. so long as people lose heads it all works for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by booshack View Post
    Rubbish.

Eh UT3 is faster than 2k4. It lacks double jump (you know, the destroyer of weapon balance and map scaling), but otherwise it is quite a bit faster.

Yeah write it off like that without even considering the possibilities, or playing the game. The hoverboard brings options and it brings tension. Do I try to hoverboard out of the enemy base with the flag (or towards node with orb) or do I go on foot? It all depends on how many enemies are around, your health, game clock and many other factors. It adds depth, and it is by no means useless. One thing is for sure, it fits vehicle modes a million times better than xloc.

Really? What a surprise.

Seriously, the maps appearing dull is probably the last reason anyone would dislike UT3. You mention DM-Gateway, perhaps the worst flowing map in the game. Really, perhaps you shouldn't try to come off as some sort of UT veteran if all you are complaining about is the lack of gimmicky movement and gimmicky visuals (the latter of which you will find in many UT3 maps anyway).

Who made this guy think only his opinion counted?

If he can't agree with other people he shouldn't insult them.

The people who have legitimate complaints and are disappointed with UT3 have a right to feel that way imo, since the game seemed to advertise a different experience. They only want a better UT3, and most of them have played the previous games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nintakuhunter View Post
    What a silly topic. UT3 is lacking compared to 2K4 right now, yes. You have a valid point, it has plenty of maps. But here's the problem, they're all pretty boring. I know they worked extensively on most of the levels, but many of them just seem to be lacking, or are confusing, or just annoying to play.
    I totally agree.
    To me it seems like new mappers experimenting with light signs and extrude shapes, and not caring much about gameplay and flow. To me, the maps are boring. The extra touches they added to the maps only seem to confuse and get in the way.
    They need to make appropriate maps for the weaponry used in the game. many corridors lead to nowhere, and worse, many spawn points point in the wrong direction, leaving you wondering where to go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Booshack, burn in hell. Everyone's their own opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What a silly topic. UT3 is lacking compared to 2K4 right now, yes. You have a valid point, it has plenty of maps. But here's the problem, they're all pretty boring. I know they worked extensively on most of the levels, but many of them just seem to be lacking, or are confusing, or just annoying to play.
    Rubbish.

I'll admit, the different feel from UT2K4 was a little jarring. On top of that, if you'll notice they slowed the characters down, which makes sense since they are now wearing 200 pounds of armor, which thus makes the game slower than UT2K4--yes, I know about the mutilator to make everyone faster--but it also seems to be slower in general. Not quite sure exactly what it is, the game just feels like generic FPS B.
    Eh UT3 is faster than 2k4. It lacks double jump (you know, the destroyer of weapon balance and map scaling), but otherwise it is quite a bit faster.

The additions are meager at best. The Hover board is a noble attempt at something new, but in a real game if anyone sees you with the FLaG *shakes head* and on the hover, they're just going to pull out any spam or precision weapon and knock you off. By the time you're on your feet again they've either shot you a few extra times with the precicion (at which point you're dead) or they're still spamming rounds at you. So, aside from moving somewhat faster in reletively safe areas, its a useless trinket.
    Yeah write it off like that without even considering the possibilities, or playing the game. The hoverboard brings options and it brings tension. Do I try to hoverboard out of the enemy base with the flag (or towards node with orb) or do I go on foot? It all depends on how many enemies are around, your health, game clock and many other factors. It adds depth, and it is by no means useless. One thing is for sure, it fits vehicle modes a million times better than xloc.

...(blablabla)....
    Personally though, I'd like it a lot more if there was still dodge-jumping.
    Really? What a surprise.

There are great maps, like the one that is somewhere on a skyscraper and has a portal that leads to some frozen area, and another portal that leads to a highly forested area, but for the most part the maps seem dull. That is, among other reasons, why many gamers think UT3 is lacking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by T@F View Post
    I See your point but epic cannot please everyone.
    Also you cannot compare ut3 to ut2004.you compare it to ut2003.

Also we will prob have bonus packs(epic allways seems to do one or two of them) and mod makers stuff to come yet.
    So imo epic has done a good job,you might not agree but then you still have ut2004 to play on.
    Oh, I know. The game was somewhat aimed in the ut99 direction, and it is far from complete. They didn't do a bad job, on the contrary what they did is quite good on what is there. All we can do now is wait for additional content to be made.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by T@F View Post

I find the game great,no more superman flying across the map,back to the old ut play style.
    I agree there are some annoying parts like the hover board but still it`s a big improvement than ut2004.
    I`m not here to defend epic,all i`m saying is we have our old ut back.
    And we got the same ammount of stuff if not more than you got in ut/ut2003 anyway.

Also we have to bonus packs(if epic does any) and mod makers stuff to come yet.
    So imo epic has done a good job,you might not agree but then you still have ut2004 to play on.
    QFT.

This game is FAR from at it's final state yet, even though it's already in retail. So many mods / maps / stuff that's going to come within the next 6 months.

Gonna be sweet...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only thing we got in UT3 over 2k4 is:

1. Better graphics
    2. Modified ONSlaught gametype
    3. Some new weapons.
    4. New Models/Meshes.
    5. New vehicles.
    6. New UI.

Much to what I expected. Although, I was looking for :

1. Sun flare (Sun rays)
    2. Reflective water
    3. More realistic skies.
    4. A little more greenery
    5. Some well lit daytime maps.
    6. Much better Bot Play.
    7. A new gametype, not a remake of an old one.
    8. A retail game that worked correctly.

Other then that, the game isn't too bad, things can be fixed and changed, so it's no surprise people say there isn't much in UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also you cannot compare ut3 to ut2004.you compare it to ut2003.

I find the game great,no more superman flying across the map,back to the old ut play style.
    I agree there are some annoying parts like the hover board but still it`s a big improvement than ut2004.
    I`m not here to defend epic,all i`m saying is we have our old ut back.
    And we got the same ammount of stuff if not more than you got in ut/ut2003 anyway.

Also we will prob have bonus packs(epic allways seems to do one or two of them) and mod makers stuff to come yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X