Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do ppl say there`s not much in ut3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do ppl say there`s not much in ut3??

I just dont get it.
    We got over 40+ maps thats miles more than the adv game nowdays.
    quakewars only got a handfull,css,bf2,bf2142 all the same just a handfull.

I know we wont get it all like ut2004,but remember it was ut2003 first then they added more to make ut2004 also they needed to add more stuff to resale it again.
    No doubt we will still get bonus packs.

I think they done good with ut3 maybe it does need a few fixes,but overall we got more maps with ut3 than the adv game,and prob many more to come.

Anyway i`m happy with it,now i can play more or less like the old ut days.
    also because of the content we got with ut2004,ppl are expecting the same in every ut game.
    (is the community getting greedy hmm.)

This post is so stupid I don't know where to begin.

I like the game, but you're kidding yourself if you think it has enough maps. It doesn't

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for the mapping community.

Comment

If you read what i said it has more maps than the adv game.
      i bought bf2 with less than a quarter of the maps.

Also i bet many map makers will bring out the old classic ones anyway.

Comment

We compare it with other ut, not "that other game"

Comment

The amount of Warfare maps is pretty good, problem is, they're kind of small and similar most of them. I much preferred maps such as Dria and Severance over the maps we have now.

Good thing UT3 will have a mapping community

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh View Post
            Good thing UT3 will have a mapping community
            'nuff said, nothin' to add....

In time, UT3 will get zillions of trillions of maps, mods and whatever addons.
            Most from the community, some (in form of bonus packs and pathes) from Epic.

Be patient, young padawan, it was the very same with 2k3

Comment

Originally posted by Patarak View Post
              We compare it with other ut, not "that other game"
              ok you want to go down that road eh.
              How many maps did the orig ut have.(not counting the bonus packs)
              I`m not sure but i`m guessing around the 35 mark.

How many maps did ut2003 have.
              Prob the same.
              Ut2004 is a reharsh of ut2003 with added stuff so they could resale it.

All i`m saying is we got more than the adv jo in maps,and prob the same amount as the older releases.
              (not inc ut2004)

Comment

No problem if it comes with "few" maps, because there will be tons of maps ASAP.

And when you look for servers, you find that the players have 60 maps in their computers to play only 3 or 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Patarak View Post

I like the game, but you're kidding yourself if you think it has enough maps. It doesn't

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for the mapping community.

I am displeased with certain parts of the game, but you are kidding yourself if you think it has too few maps out of the box. It doesn't. The only reason people are complaining about "lack of content" is because those people are too idiotic to realize that 2k4 added less to what was already in 2k3 than UT3 has in total. Compare it to UT99, to ut2k3 - even though the detail and work is far greater for UT3, but go ahead anyway. But if you compare it to the content of 2k4 again, then you are so incredibly stupid I don't know where to begin.

In closing, Team Fortress 2 has 6 maps. The OP is 100% right, please come back when you can comprehend his message.

Comment

To be honest I'm not really that fussed, I know that all my favourite map makers will hopefully start mapping for UT3 and their stuff will start appearing on custom map servers. Until then I'm quite happy playing torlan ;-)

Comment

By comparing how complex and detailed UT3 maps are, making one must take as much effort as making over half a dozen for UT99 for 2-3 for UT2k4. Still the mapscounts are about the same as in previously mentioned games. UT2k4 had the content of two games, so it's unfair to compare that with UT3.

...and the point people constantly forget : UT3 has no filler maps. No stuff like CTF-1on1-Joust or DM-Gael. Ever noticed? Most of the maps are great in UT3 and offer a lot of replay value. Atleast enough to keep us occupied till the official bonuspack comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                        ...and the point people constantly forget : UT3 has no filler maps. No stuff like CTF-1on1-Joust or DM-Gael. Ever noticed? Most of the maps are great in UT3 and offer a lot of replay value. Atleast enough to keep us occupied till the official bonuspack comes out.
                        That is a very good point, the average quality of the maps is indeed a lot higher than 2kx and at least comparable to UT99. It really sucks when ****ty maps rotating on open servers ruin your experience just so the game can be sold as having a ****load of maps. Even so, UT3 DOES have a ****load of maps, ut2k4 really is the only game with substantially more maps, and you have to be pretty stupid to take that game into the equation.

Comment

I have to admit it ... people are right when they say that Epic did a good job with the amount of content. I had been comparing this release to UT04 but now I see that the correct comparison is indeed with UT03 and when you look at it from that perspective Epic did improve ... I just reinstalled UT03 to see how many maps it shipped with as well as the number of gametypes and mutators and the numbers are:

maps - 32
                          gametypes - 5
                          mutators - 12

So yeah when you look at UT3 and see that it shipped with 40 maps, 6 gametypes, and 11 mutators then you have to be fair and applaud Epic for doing such a good job at upping the ante in a considerable fashion. So this is definitely one less thing people should complain about.

Comment

I miss assault, bombing run, invasion, etc. Why take those out? Those were great game types. (bombing run not so much but still fun) I want a new and improved Invasion RPG :P ya the maps are low IMO, I havent played much since my computer doesnt handle it too well right now. Also, where are the mutators. When i go to server browser, it has a mutator section, but when i create a server, i cant select any mutators. Me wants instagib ctf. Also a mutator with dodge jumping would be nice.

Comment

Im sure they'l all come back tho... i personally liked assualt (only the assault trials).. but once again im sure everything will return with people adding mods n all. Also... regarding maps.. im sure within 2 months itself there will be another 100 maps to play on.. and within 6 months.. another 500.. and within a eyar about 2000 maps so yeah no probs.

Comment

Working...
                              X