Too many vehicles to support them all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many vehicles to support them all

So I noticed that in UT3, there are waaay too many vehicles to support them all. Not only are the maps in UT3 smaller than Onslaught maps, but there seems to be fewer of them. That means that the amount of vehicles in use will be less, so some will go underused. The Raptor, for instance, is only available in one War map (if I recall correctly). Not much better for the Cicada. What's the point of adding all these new vehicles when the maps you make aren't big enough to support them? Where are new maps that are the sizes of Severance, Crossfire, and Dria? Why design two maps, Downtown and Floodgate, that have the EXACT SAME node configuration?

Just some venting. Not much better when I see that the game has less than 500 players online at this moment...

I quite agree with what you say. I remember when they were talking about warfare 2 years ago. The ground changing into necris contamination when they would gain territory by capturing nodes, bunkers, very huge maps.... we got NOTHING of this and warefare is almost the same sh*t as Onslaught but under a diffrent name. Talk about serious bullsh*t.

Comment

im going to be making a few WarFare maps.

and i can promise they wont be those piddly little things we seeing @ teh moment

Comment

^ this is pretty much where its at right now. They release a game based on these new game types and kinda fail to deliver.. in certain aspects that is.

We just need to wait for the modding community to rescue this game. And I say rescue because I mean RESCUE..

Comment

Don't worry you will soon see maps big enough from the mod community to accommodate huge armies

Comment

Speaking of big maps and early talk, I actually forgot about it for a while, does the streaming map option exist in this version of the engine? The load times have been kind of harsh so I was thinking no...

Comment

Originally posted by Mouton View Post
              I quite agree with what you say. I remember when they were talking about warfare 2 years ago. The ground changing into necris contamination when they would gain territory by capturing nodes, bunkers, very huge maps.... we got NOTHING of this and warefare is almost the same sh*t as Onslaught but under a diffrent name. Talk about serious bullsh*t.
              Every game nowadays is over hyped and underdelivers. Call me cynical but I learnt not to believe any promise of grand, ambitious ideas until the game's out.
              Nowadays even "ingame" preview footage of gameplay features is routinely faked by writing specific scripts that emulate the way things are intended to work in the finalized game (see for instance Oblivion's E3 AI demonstration), but development budgets are routinely exceeded and features routinely cut.
              I've seen from the inside the video game development machinery go into full bull**** production mode for E3 and such and the amount of work spent into making unfinished or not done yet features looking like they are already done and working was pretty ridiculous.

Anyway I don't even have most games on my radar until they get close to launch, since most of what's promised about games is so inaccurate before that.
              I didn't really care about ut3 until a few month ago, I didn't even bother looking at videos.
              This way my expectations weren't overly high, I didn't hope for more than a refreshed onslaught mode and that's what we got.

Comment

Same on VCTF maps: just play a VCTF-Sandstorm map it's so insane! there are so many vehicles that the match never ends. only if some players are leaving. there are only two pathes: the normal "road" and the "stairs" the dark-walkers can walk over.
                I hope, in the patch there will be less vehicles in this map, or the respawn times are being increased.

Comment

Sorry I just can't to see too many types of vehicles or lots of them being available as a problem.

Whats worse is watching people bicker over them when too FEW are introduced, or being given a few anemic choices.

Comment

Well, its interesting you say, because for the way devs were speaking, the technollogy that change procedurally the level "necris infestation" was being done to transform the level dinamically.

If has been cutted off, i think that is because it devour lots of resources, and they want the game to go sweet as it goes.

The same for big levels.

But there is still hope, epic always releases map packs with extra content.
                    It would be interesting to get that infestation technollogy even if is in the form of an optional download, so people who do not own a super pc is not forced to get it.

Comment

Having too much vehichles is not a problem. The only issue I have is that the amazing new Necris vehichles have had the lion's share of the developer's time and the hellbender, cicada, levi and Goliath need some time on them to get them right.

(Levi primary aim is out. Hellbender turret neads tweak - which is being adressed. Goliath needs faster turret rotation as was in ut 2004 where you could spin the turret and tracks together and needs more splash, and the cicada needs to be able to hit something once in a while.)

I have confidence that the tweaks that are felt necessary will be made, and that user made maps will be amazing.

All we need is an easy way for the best user made maps to be downloadable by those who don't frequent fora such as these. Waiting 4 mins for a download and joining a map half way as was done in ut2004 is not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by slinky317 View Post
                        The Raptor, for instance, is only available in one War map (if I recall correctly).

Just some venting. Not much better when I see that the game has less than 500 players online at this moment...
                        The raptor is at least available in 2 maps, Torlan and the one with the 'air' node.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                          The raptor is at least available in 2 maps, Torlan and the one with the 'air' node.
                          the raptor isnt in ctf-suspense too?

Comment

Originally posted by r1esG0 View Post
                            the raptor isnt in ctf-suspense too?
                            Possibly, I'm a deathmatch and occassional Warfare player, CTF is not for me :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X