looking for suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for suggestions

Hi, guy from Raleigh, NC here... it appears my computer is a bit out dated and I cannot run UT3.... frustrated.... any suggestions for a descent processor and video card , etc that I should begin to investigate for purchase, and actually play this game i love so much?

thanks to anyone for some advice.

That depends on your budget.

Comment

thanks, I don't really know but obviously some bucks....

i was quoted by a guy here locally that said he could build a top notch system for about $1300 for gaming specifically.... more than i wanted to spend but thats ignorance talking... i will look at your specs and compare.. thanks

Comment

IF your looking to spend as little money as possible, then look at the recommended specs and go from there. DX10 cards are coming down in price, look into one of those Nvidia is best for performance there. Go intel for your CPU as they are beating AMD in pretty much all categories right now. 2GB of ram will keep you future proof a while.
        You only really need to change the CPU, GPU (maybe motherboard and RAM and power supply). But if you want a new system then you will probably be spending $1000 minimum. How big is your monitor? It makes a big difference. If its only 1280x1024 then you dont need much horsepower to run UT3 at full detail compared to 1680 or 1920 widescreens.

Comment

how do i know what my monitor runs at? sorry for the ignorance.

also, i am not sure what the items that were listed above are... can someone tell me what is what and if they are top of the line or just "ok" products.
          thanks

Comment

Working...
          X