Graphics question please answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics question please answer

anyone here run a 2600 xt with ut3 and if so whats fps rates also anyone here recommend a card for unreal tournament 3 besides 8800?

for your second question, you can run the game with an 8600 gt which is about half the price of the 8800 gt

Comment

wat do the frame rates look like with maxed setting and around 1280 resolution with 8600 gt

Comment

Not great compared to the nvidia 8800gt, though I have it on 1440 x 900 at around 40fps, sometimes dropping to 25fps when it gets spammy, I'd imagine 1280 by XXXX resolution would run similar. I think I might pick up a 8800gt now that it is getting cheaper.

Comment

if you buying a video card go with the nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS 512 mb of video ram SLi ready cheaper then 8800 GT

Comment

@ Obscure; Really? I have a 8600GT too and at 1024x768 minimum settings i have a hard time keeping 30+ fps.

Comment

Originally posted by falldarkraven View Post
              if you buying a video card go with the nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS 512 mb of video ram SLi ready cheaper then 8800 GT
              Yes and less than HALF the performance as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                @ Obscure; Really? I have a 8600GT too and at 1024x768 minimum settings i have a hard time keeping 30+ fps.
                What's the rest of your system specs?

Dunno why, but it's usually stable around 40fps, until everyone from both sides start clashing together in one spot, then it starts to dip to around 20-25.

Comment

Working...
                X