Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dx10?

Well according to Mark Rein Stated in a interview with "GameInformer":

GI: Will UT3 have DX10 right out of the box?

Rein: Absolutely. It’ll support DX10!

Well I just tested to see if there was any difference with DX 10 Turn Off or On and saw no difference Between DX10 Or DX9. Check out the water, buildings, sky and other stuff and saw no difference whatsoever. Did they decide not to support DX10 right out of the box as stated by Mark Rein? Did they decide not to support it after all?

Well I would kinda like to know for sure because that was and expensive piece of DX10 video card hardware I bought just for this game.

Thanks in advance?

a DX9 videocard would've been unable to support this game at full potential ( 1600x1200, settings at max etc.), so you're better off with that DX10 card anyway, out of curiousity: which card you do you have now?

and I'm not sure whether ut3 supports DX10 or not, as I've so far been playing on XP ( Yes i do have a DX10 videocard.. Sparkle 8800gt )

Comment

The retail version of UT3 does not support DX10, they will include it later via patch

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
        The retail version of UT3 does not support DX10, they will include it later via patch
        Do you have a link that sez that? I have searched high and low for some official statement stating what you just said and cant find anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
          a DX9 videocard would've been unable to support this game at full potential ( 1600x1200, settings at max etc.), so you're better off with that DX10 card anyway, out of curiousity: which card you do you have now?

and I'm not sure whether ut3 supports DX10 or not, as I've so far been playing on XP ( Yes i do have a DX10 videocard.. Sparkle 8800gt )
          I have a Nvidia 8800 GTX 768 OC video card. Running Vista Ultimate 64 bit version.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post

That is not true at all. The 7950 GX2 can handle this game with settings completely maxed at 1680x1050 res at least. Also two 7800 GTXs in SLI under WinXP can also achieve this. There really is NO reason to go Vista just for this game. Now if you have some other games that take advantage of DX10 (Gears - FSAA is a DX10 feature, Crysis, WiC, BioShock, Lost Planet) then sure you need to look at going to Vista and getting the proper gpu, but if you got your pc up to spec just for this game then nope you don't get anything extra atm by going DX10. In fact you may lose some things ... like proper SLI support (this is a gpu driver issue I believe so don't expect much from Epic since the WinXP SLI drivers do work).

Comment

it supports dx 10 but it does not take advantage of any of the effects that dx10 can do

Comment

Unreal Engine 3 can support DX10, but DX10 is not in the retail version of UT3

From a bit-tech interview:

I took the pause as a chance to ask about DirectX 10 support in the game, but my reaction may as well have been a second blush. For once, Mark was a man of few words.

“DirectX 10 lets us do some things in the engine we can’t normally, but we won’t be using it at launch. Maybe a patch later, I suppose.”

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/11...x_and_pwnage/3

Comment

Originally posted by Lazymutant View Post
                  it supports dx 10 but it does not take advantage of any of the effects that dx10 can do
                  Ok how can a company support DX10 if it does not take advantage of any of the effects that dx10 can do. That does not make sense to me HUH?

Comment

Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
                    Ok how can a company support DX10 if it does not take advantage of any of the effects that dx10 can do. That does not make sense to me HUH?
                    The framework is there ... all they have to do is use the APIs ... that is what he meant. The basic foundation is in place but the building is empty ... think of it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                      The framework is there ... all they have to do is use the APIs ... that is what he meant. The basic foundation is in place but the building is empty ... think of it like that.
                      Then they must have decided not to have DX10 on the release as stated by Mark Rein here....

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1423.58507.htm

I have no problem with them changing their minds when to implement. If its in a patch so be it..I was just going by Mark Rein stated to GameInfo since I did buy the game right out of the box. Still have not found any official word on this issue as of yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X