Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Midway doing more to market this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't Midway doing more to market this?

Isn't anyone curious like me why the hell Midway is not spending any money on commercials to promote and market this game? I just don't get that at all ... this is the other big IP that Epic has and Midway seems unmoved by it. Why would they bother to grab up the rights to publishing Epic games and not promote it on the platform it was meant to played on. Seriously folks there is not one commercial for this game ... YET. Look at Blacksite Area 51 .. there is a commercial for that game and it has been running since last week (maybe even a week prior to that).

Now seriously what is up with that ... UT has been around since 1999, shouldn't it get priority over BA51? But of course the problem is that UT3 is not on the console platforms just yet. It appears then and only then will Midway spend money to promote the game ... and so in a way it is a good thing it is going to be on the PS3 very soon. Maybe that will wake some peope up and they will remember that UT3 is available and in the past the UT series has always been great so give this one a go. Anyway I am curious to hear what others have to say on the subject.

I agree, the amount of players online has something to deal with the marketing Midway has put out for this game (or lack of)

Comment

They know they released a game that's buggier than hell. My guess is that they're waiting until they come out with the official patch before they begin their advertising campaign for the holiday season.

Comment

my guess would be that Midway and Epic are banking on the console sales. so as Dec 10 gets closer i expect to see some PS3 adds for the game. same goes for the 360 version when that is finally released whenever.

it is sad though that Epic claimed that "PC IS OUR BREAD AND BUTTER" and has put out a game such as this full of bugs and a horrid UI.

Comment

Midway is the one who rushed the game not Epic. So its Midways fault the game is a little buggy but it does not mean they should stop advertising. I have yet to see UT3 commercial but I have see a COD4, Crysis, etc commercial already.

Comment

I have a friend who works at Midway, I called him the day of release and asked him if they were playing the full game over there, and he was like, "what? is that out now?" They aren't even bothering to let their own employees know about it.

Comment

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. When I went out to buy UT3 (getting it first of all on the realease date was hard and took me 3 hours of walking from shop to shop and back) there wasn't a single stand or a single poster of the game. There was a massive Big Daddy statue for Bioshock, all sorts of Crysis stands and CoD4 stands.

Really should market UT3 more, most people probably won't ever notice it otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Number1SuperGuy View Post
                They know they released a game that's buggier than hell. My guess is that they're waiting until they come out with the official patch before they begin their advertising campaign for the holiday season.
                Hopefully your right or maybe theyre being quiet until the release of the console versions

Comment

Originally posted by massakre View Post
                  Hopefully your right or maybe theyre being quiet until the release of the console versions
                  Hey, they got a console version out right now, you just have to play it on your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
                    Hey, they got a console version out right now, you just have to play it on your PC.
                    Made me lol
                    +1

Comment

i am laughing at this thread but crying on the inside

Comment

pc games rarley ever get the commercial treatment

Comment

Please don't start flaming Epic on this thread ... I do not want to see a thread that is trying to tackle a serious question get closed for some dumb reason like people were taking to many shots at UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                            Please don't start flaming Epic on this thread ... I do not want to see a thread that is trying to tackle a serious question get closed for some dumb reason like people were taking to many shots at UT3.
                            I don't know what you really expect to come of this thread, who will post here who is privy to the inside details and is also allowed to talk about it publicly?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazymutant View Post
                              pc games rarley ever get the commercial treatment
                              And that is the sad part about all of this and the point I was trying to make. That a game like BA51 which is crappy as hell would get money for commercials while a game with a real history behind it doesn't ... that just really bites and to make matters worse you know that the commercials for the PS3 will be in full effect ... the thing is that I am just trying to make the best of this because at least some PC people will get the reminder and then go and buy the game and get online so they game stays relevant in today's market.

I just hate to see the PC version (THE REAL VERSION ... at least that is how it used to be) getting dissed and receiving ZERO attention while once it hits the PS3 and like I said really the 360 (since that is where the greatest opporotunity to make revenue lies given the greater number of consoles that are immediately UT3 capable ... no upgrades to go through like on the PC) there will be commercials but only for the console version. The PC version will still not get the spotlight to itself. It will have to settle for "Also available on ..." and to me that bites.

Comment

Working...
                              X