Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing product key... but got registration code and the Best Buy code!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Missing product key... but got registration code and the Best Buy code!

    My manual is missing the product key code. I have the US DVD version and got it from Best Buy. I find it interesting how Best Buy had time to put the Alanna unlock code in there but I can't even play the game without the CD key. Furthermore, I can't seem to find a PDF version of the manual on the DVD either.

    #2
    Return it (or just the manual) for a new key.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
      Return it (or just the manual) for a new key.
      What he said.

      They didn't bother checking to see if the CD-Keys were actually printed onto the manuals before they sold them. Epic FTW!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Number1SuperGuy View Post
        Epic FTW!
        Epic doesn't stuff the boxes... somebody on an assembly line does.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
          Epic doesn't stuff the boxes... somebody on an assembly line does.
          No, Epic is responsible for the whole process! Didn't you know that Tim Sweeney sat up for a week straight hand-printing each manual!?

          Comment


            #6
            Got an exchange and got the product key now! Hope it works with the old install -- was looking in the INI file for the CD key and it does have a product key in there that I'm worried may conflict with the new key from the manual.

            Oh how I just LOVE copy protection.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by f00dl3 View Post
              Oh how I just LOVE copy protection.
              Since when is a product key without disc checks copy protection?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Leak View Post
                Since when is a product key without disc checks copy protection?
                since always

                Comment


                  #9
                  A lot of times, a game will have a product key, as in the number of that game for the publisher or an ID of sorts. The actual CD key is different and usually unrelated. I'd bet that everybody's INI has the same product key. At least the game follows the tradition of not requiring the disk for play. ^_^

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by f00dl3 View Post
                    Got an exchange and got the product key now! Hope it works with the old install -- was looking in the INI file for the CD key and it does have a product key in there
                    Could you please tell where exactly you found that key?? It's encrypted I thought.... ??!?

                    PS: I had a CE without Key too.... :-(

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X