Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Servers (Europe, preferably Scandinavia).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servers (Europe, preferably Scandinavia).

Hello all happy fraggers.

I've a problem regarding finding suitable servers to game on. Now I realise the game hasn't been out that long but still. Have been waiting to get online and cause some serious mayhem only to get stopped by crappy servers.

Lowest ping I've found on any server in the server browser have been 60. Usually all are 100 - 400. Whenever I enter a server with 60 ping (which isn't THAT much) I just can't hit jack. Every rocket or beam I fire is waaay off target.

What's the average ping on the servers YOU game on?
    Do you know any servers in Europe or Scandinavia?

EDIT:

Just to clarify, it's not my connection, I have a ping of 10 - 15 to most swedish servers in other games and a tad higher to other servers in Europe.

About 10-40 in the UK to UK servers such as Multiplay. Same for other Northern European/Western European servers. US servers are about 70-100. Whereabouts in Scandinavia are we talking here?

Comment

Doesn't matter much. If it weren't for the ping I couldn't care less where the server is located. =) All I care about is having a low ping and being able to hit when firing. So just hit me with something. =) I'm located in Sweden btw.

Comment

Here (germany) the servers with the lowest ping are around 47ms (Epic_Midway servers), and then there are the jolt.co.uk servers with 78ms.

Comment

I guess it's the sole fact that there aren't any servers close by then. Gonna wait it out till more servers pop up with better pings...

Comment

m8, i dunno how long you've been playing any ut online but most scandinavians dont ping below 60 unless the server is in scandinavia.
            u'll probably be happiest on a uk server when it comes to the rest of europe as from what i understand these have been the most stable for you scandies
            but i doubt you'll get far below the 60 ms.

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphina View Post
              m8, i dunno how long you've been playing any ut online but most scandinavians dont ping below 60 unless the server is in scandinavia.
              u'll probably be happiest on a uk server when it comes to the rest of europe as from what i understand these have been the most stable for you scandies
              but i doubt you'll get far below the 60 ms.
              NOT the uk servers,in my personal experience uk servers have never worked well for scandis.Dutch/german/danish servers works best but until Epic releases the dedicated linux server we wont see that many servers ,public or private since 95% of the server providers host on linux.Hurry up with that Epic please !!
              Hi sera btw

Comment

@Seraphina

UT2004 was the only UT game I ever played online. Back when UT99 and UT2003 were out I didn't have anything that I could honestly call a broadband connection.
                When I did try out UT2004, I found lots of low ping servers. =) This wasn't shortly after launch though... =/

@Vlad^Tepes

Yeah I think that's usually the case. I think we have fibre running all the way to Germany unless I'm mistaken. But anyway, thanks for your responses, I'll just wait it out. +)

*Holding his thumbs since the 23rd of november.*

Comment

Working...
                X